Boiling Rock, Part 1

Chapter 39

(Feel free time comment)

Word count 7459 words

(Y/n) POV

I felt movement beside me as I tried to sleep. Last night was probably one of the hardest I've ever had to endure... well one of them at least.

I was expecting them to freak out, but they didn't. They just listened to me as Zuko and I explained my possession. I expected Aang not to be crazy about it, since he is the bridge between worlds. But everyone else didn't freak out, almost like they knew about it in advance.

I sighed looking up at the stone ceiling, did I really make the right choice coming back?

Aang forgave me and I'm starting to actually talk to the group again, but... it's not the same. Nothings the same.

"You alright?" I snapped back into reality as Zuko sat up.

I turned my head to face him, "Yeah..."

"Can't sleep?" He asked.

"No, you?"

"No" he exhaled as he ran his hand through his hair.

We both sat there on our bed for an awkward amount of time before I broke the silence, "It's a full moon..." I trailed off.

He stood up, "I'll get the snacks"

I grinned getting to my feet, "I'll get our shoes"

————

We spun around in the moonlight, "When was the last time we danced like this?" Zuko smiled.

"Yesterday? When we practiced the dancing dragon?" I laughed as he picked me up.

"No," he put me down but kept his hands on my waist. "I mean... real dancing"

I scrunched my face trying to think about it, "Huh... before the eclipse I believe"

We shuffled as I saw the moonlight bounce off of his dazzling pale skin.

"I missed this" he smiled.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, "So did I"

We leaned closer towards each other but before we could connect a loud scream rattled through the (what we thought was private) area.

"Would you both just SHUT UP!" Toph screamed stomping over.

"Toph?" I raised my brow.

"Spirits! It's bad enough that your heart rate spike every time you are both in the same room, but deciding to dance at midnight is not okay!"

I bit my lip, "Sorry Toph..."

She crossed her arms, "I wasn't yelling at you Smarty-pants" she scoffed.

I looked to Zuko's who face was a dark shade of red, "Sorry?"

"You should be!" She yelled.

"D-do you want us to go?" I asked using my thumb to point into the direction of our room behind us.

"No! That's what I meant!" She crossed her arms, "(Y/n).... I need to talk to you. Alone" she growled.

"What?" I raised a brow, did I do something wrong?

I turned a Zuko and he nodded letting go of my waist I didn't even realize he was holding, "I'll go prepare breakfast before anyone throws a hissy fit"

"It's midnight" I crossed my arms.

"I know" he said before walking away.

"Uh okay," I bit my lip. "Is everything alright Toph?" I asked her.