The Western Air Temple

Chapter 37

(Feel free time comment)

Word count 7198 words

(Y/n) POV

Zuko and I scaled up a section of the temple. After following Team Avatar for a while we were able to pin point where they were going to take refuge.

"What is this place?" I asked him as we stood on the opposite end of the temple.

"The Western Air Temple... I've been here a couple of times before" Zuko sighed.

I looked up at him, "When you were...?" I trailed off knowing the answer.

"Yeah... I came here about three times while looking for the Avatar" he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hey," I grabbed his hand. "We can do this, alright? Together?" I smiled.

He smiled looking at me, "Together"

"We need to decide what we're gonna do now, and since you're the Avatar, maybe you should be a part of this" I gasped hearing a faint voice below seeing small figures talking to each other.

I couldn't get a good view of them, but I could immediately tell it was my old family.

"Fair enough. So, what's the new plan?" I put my hand over my mouth hearing Aang's voice for the first time in months, I thought his voice was gone forever.

"Well, if you ask me, the new plan is the old plan! You just need to master all four elements and confront the Fire Lord before the comet comes" Sokka spoke next almost making me burst into tears. They were all alive.

Zuko put his hand on my shoulder, "We should go"

I put my hand on his, "Yeah... you're right"

—————

I walked back over to our small campsite the two of us made holding some small game I just caught, "I know it's not much, but it's been awhile since I've caught any-what are you doing?" I raised a brow as Zuko was pacing back and forth.

"I'm trying to figure out how I'll re-introduce myself to the group" he told me as he continued to walk back and forth.

"And you think walking like that will let us join?" I chuckled as I began to gut our meal.

"I still am confused about why I have to do the talking when we go there" he grumbled crossing his arms.

"Because Zuko," I flicked my wrist starting a fire before being to cook our meal. "They probably still hate me for almost killing the Avatar and it's easier if you do it"

"Easier?! I've tried to capture him multiple times, I've stolen from your group, terrorized your group and above all captured you all at least once!" He flailed his arms.

I let out a sigh before looking up at him as I continued to cook, "Do you remember what you told me in Ba Sing Se?"

"What time? I told you a lot in that stupid city" he shrugged.

I increased the heat on our meal to cook it faster, "When I was more naïve, do you remember when I asked you to meet my group?"

He bit his lip trying to remember what he once told me, before his eyes lit up, "Oh... yeah"

"You told me you wanted to apologize to them for all of your past deeds. You wanted to beg for their forgiveness and start over. If I know... well knew the Avatar, he'd forgive you..."

He sat next to me and put his hand on my cheek, "Hey... you know he'll forgive you too, right?"

I clenched my eyes shut as another headache came on. As it went away I shrugged taking the food off of the stick I've been cooking it on and handed Zuko his portion, "I don't know if he will"