The Waiting Fire Lord and The Waiting Dragon

Chapter 33

(Thank you @_yipyip for the fan art! Omg I love the detail so much!)

(Feel free time comment)

Word count 5966 words

(Y/n) POV

I let out a long yawn as I made my way around the palace. I was so confused because instead of a normal morning next to Zuko... I woke up to an empty room.

I shouldn't worry about it though. He was probably at breakfast or something already, so I decided to try and find him. Or anyone.

I've been walking for at least ten minutes and haven't seen a soul, It was almost like I was alone.

Luckily I'm not confined to a location here, so what's the harm in exploring? I was honestly taken aback when Fire Lord Ozai told me I was free to travel around the palace. I mean, I've never been allowed to do that before!

As I strolled through the halls two large golden doors caught my eye. I stopped dead in my tacks as my eyes became fixated on the gold. I didn't even know I walked over towards the doors, until my hands were on them. I began to push, and after a large creak it eventually opened.

I began to cough as the dust between the door and frame entered my lungs. I ran forward slightly to avoid the dust before I took a large gasp seeing my surroundings. My hands met my mouth as I slowly walked spun around the area, it was an old ballroom.

"Whoa" I grinned scanning the area.

It was like he was almost completely made out of gold. There is a complex abstract design created into the floor, with a mixture of golden and black paint surrounding the area. I looked at the paint seeing it was all four elements on top of each other. Strange... Then the walls were red and filled with Fire Nation flags, decorations and unlit lanterns. The room was very large and looked like you could fit the whole Nation and my ex-tribe inside, with room to spare.

I walked a little farther as I began to see more. The ceiling had a large crystal chandelier that looks like it could hold at least two hundred candles inside. I squinted trying to see the very back, but couldn't. I sighed before holding both of my arms out, and did a quick three-sixty lighting all the candles and lanterns in one quick motion.

I then gasped as the blue light lit up the back, and I saw a pedestal above. I slowly walked over towards the centre and saw four thrones above. Two were larger and for a Lord, while the other two on opposite sides were slightly smaller.

"What is this place?" I asked myself walking up to the thrones.

I couldn't help myself and went to touch the throne, but right as I placed a finger on it, the lights all went out. I jerked my head around ready to fight something, a light came back on in the middle. Being an idiot I walked towards it, with my right palm still set ablaze.

That's when the music started.

I jolted back as the tune began. What on heaven and hells earth is my mother's lullaby doing in here?

"Hey! Show yourself!" I shouted out, "You can't trick me! Who are you?!"

There was no response.

I glared trying to re-light the lanterns but they wouldn't. I grunted as the music continued and I tried to cover my ears, but it still entered my head. It was almost like a fog had come over me, because the sound started to plague my mind. And for some reason, all my confusion and fear vanished.