Chapter Twenty

_________________________

Oh my God, so you all must hate me because I haven't updated in like, what? Two weeks? Three? I'm so so SO sorry! I could apoligize a hundred time and it wouldn't be enough because I reached my goal for the last chapter a week and a half ago!

Any way, please don't hate me, I have my reasons which you will read in my A/N at the end of the chapter along with my goal for the this chapter.

In order to make up for it, this chapter is longer and took me forever to write plus there might be two or three heated Willorie moments. . . .

So anyway, there's a cover on the side and the music video Rather Be by Clean Bandit is also on the side(: I figured the lyrics go along with Will and Valorie's relationship even though they can't touch it describes their feelings towards eachother! Oops. . . spoiler?

Enjoy and sorry for the millions of grammar or punctuation errors(:

_________________________

Chapter Twenty

"No."

As he says this, my eyes glaze over and my heart falls. Of course I knew it all along, but I was just too stubborn to admit it to myself. I squirm as he cages me into the wall, attempting to escape."Let me go you manipulative heartless bastard," I screech, pounding my fist repeatedly into his solid chest as he presses me harder against the wall.

"Hear me out before you make assumptions," Will says, cupping my face and boring his eyes into mine.

Immediately, I relax, realizing that I can be smarter about this. I can escape when he's not looking or is distracted and find somewhere where I can cry alone.

I nod, the gears in my head turning as I swallow the lump in my throat.

Will sighs and creates some space between us, his eyes never leaving mine but one of his hands running through his brown hair.

"No, I don't like you," he begins.

"I heard you the first time, no need to wear it out," I say bitterly.

He leans in closer, "Listen."

He begins again, "Valorie Stone, I do not like you, because I feel something more for you." He then creates his distance, leaving me an option of running, but I stay rooted in place. Shock, happiness, and depression threaten to swallow me whole as I smile briefly at him.

"You love me," I whisper almost inaudibly.

He shakes his head slowly, "I don't know, icicle. My emotions are a jumbled mess right now and I don't know what to make of them."

I nod slowly before whispering, "I feel the same way."

His crystal blue eyes light up in happiness at my words as my heart swells, knowing that I am the one causing him to feel this way. He leans in slowly, his gaze fixed intensely on my mouth as I lean in closer, my eyes drawn to his face.

Suddenly, he moves his lips to my cheek as they graze my skin softly, sending shivers throughout my whole body. As his skin burns my cheek, my breath hitches and he pulls away, gazing into my eyes with care and longing.

"I can't kiss you snowflake," he says softly, the agony visible in his eyes as his gaze travels to his feet, "I can't even touch you."

My soaring heart falls as I breathe, "I know."

We stand like that for a while, panting in silence as we long for just a simple touch that we can never have.

"Valorie, open up," a voice demands from the other side of the door as Will and I spring apart. I rush to the door, glancing back at Will in permission as he just nods absentmindedly. I unbolt the lock to my door as I swing it open and come face to face with a disheveled Jake who's panting like a dog who just ran twelve miles.