Chapter Eighteen

___________________________

Yes, you're right, it's already chapter eighteen(:

This chapter is not proofread so feel free to point out error or mistakes politely.

The cover of my new story The Bad Boy's Musician on the right ---->

Be sure to check out TBBM and always remember to vote and comment(:

____________________________

Chapter Eighteen

(Valorie's POV)

After Will explained that the Wicked hunt in packs and don't really have a specific leader, I was extremely reassured. I eventually calmed down and accepted the fact that we aren't going to be in school for the next few months; maybe even years.

I had trudged back to my room and rearranged my kitchen and baked some food for later. I unpacked my clothes and slipped them in the drawers of my dresser whilst bellowing lyrics to "Animals" by Maroon 5.

Still humming the tune to "Animals," I skip down the long hallway and make my way to the main cave. Apparently, someone is there waiting for me with Will.

"Hey sunshine," Jake comes up behind me, scaring me out of my wits, and slings an arm around my shoulder.

"You scared me," I glare at him.

His brows furrow and I realize that he just completely ignored me, "Or should I say snowflake? I mean the sun isn't exactly your best friend-"

"Jake," I shout, becoming annoyed with his rambling, "Don't ever scare me like that again!"

"God, sorry," he mumbles.

"Oh and don't call me snowflake," I blurt before I can stop myself.

"Why not?"

"Because only Will can call me that," I mumble.

He whips around, his eyes blazing gold and his fists clenched, "You mean that bastod? You can do so much better than him, Valorie!"

It's my turn to become furious as my eyes change color on their own accord and my own fists clench, "Maybe you should actually get to know him first before you make assumptions!"

As I point my finger at Jake, his eyes widen in surprise, taking in my newly changed eyes.

"I'm sorry Val," he says quietly, not meeting my angry glare, "You're right, I shouldn't insult your boyfriend."

"Boyfriend," I splutter, "Boyfriend?!"

The corners of Jake's mouth curl up in amusement, "You mean you and Trenton aren't dating? I guess with the rumors I've heard and the way he looks at you-"

"The way he looks at me," I demand.

"Yeah," Jake says softly, almost jealous, "He looks at you with so much care, protection, and love my eyes burn."

Suddenly, I double over laughing, tears falling from my eyes as I clutch my stomach, "Are you freaking joking? Will despises my guts! Yes, he wants to protect me and always sends me looks of concern, but that's because I'm part of the prophecy! He needs me alive!"

Jake's eyes widen in surprise, "WHAT?"

I flinch at his loud tone.

"You're part of the prophecy," he demands in a slightly softer tone.

"Umm. . . ." I stammer, "I-I thought you knew."

"I'm going to fucking kill that asute-copt," he mutters.