Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Father," I breathe, "Why are you here? It's already been two weeks since the last time you saw me and I never thought you'd appear to me again."

"I need to talk to you," he says, strolling towards me as he holds out his arms. Suddenly, a wave of emotions overcomes me and I remember when he got up and left us; he chose power over family. I flinch and back away from him as his face falls in dejection. I automatically feel terrible but what am I supposed to do? Trust him automatically? Yeah, I think not.

"About what," I say, crossing my arms in front of my chest as I battle the cold, fierce winds. I glance around me and notice we are in the same forest that holds our underground cave. I can't help but wonder, does my father know about our hideout?

"About the prophecy," he says as I narrow my eyes, "Have you found all seven?"

I clench my jaw, "How is this any of your concern?"

He shakes his head, "I know a lot of things you don't, Malencia. Trust me, I'm asking this question for your benefit and I promise in return I'll provide you with more information."

I ponder on this slightly, "Okay fine. We just recently found our last member around two weeks ago."

My father sighs in relief, "Thank God. I assume your meeting with the elders soon to discuss battle plan with the Elders?"

"Well, I don't know if all of us are ready yet. Max has just recently mastered his control over invisibility and is finally beginning to develop a comfortable proximity around all of us."

My father waves me off, "You'll be fine, Malencia. All of you are probably the most strong sorcerers and sorceresses ever besides the Elders and they will need you help to conquer the Wicked."

I furrow my brows, "You know about the Wicked?"

He chuckles bitterly, "I don't live under a rock, daughter. So have you made plans?"

Suspicion begins to settle in, "Yes actually," I snap, "By why would I tell you about any of them? I don't trust you."

A small sad smile spreads across his face, "I should expect that reaction from you. After all, it is my fault I've left you for all these years. He rubs his hands together quickly before changing the subject, "So, what've you been up to lately?"

I sigh, "Not much., We've been getting stronger by the minute with our abilities and gaining Max's trust."

My father smirks, "No, not that. How has your. . . . life outside of sorcery been?"

"Oh," I smile slightly, "Emma has grown to be one of the bestest friends that isn't human that I can rely on besides Jake. As for Nate and Max, I don't think they like each other much, especially since Max spends every waking moment pestering and flirting with Emma. As for Nate and Jake, I think they've developed a liking for each other over the past two months."

"And what about the other one," my father asks, his smirk growing as I begin to blush.

"Oh you mean Will? Don't even get me started. I think he doesn't want to admit it since he pushes everyone away, but I have suspicions about him and Max's relationship, friend wise of course. Although, I think he accepts Nate, but their personalities don't really clash that well. And Jake and Will's relationship," I laugh, remembering just yesterday when I had to shove them both apart from each other to prevent a fight from breaking out, "Let's just say, they despise each other with the same mutuality. Also, his personality is completely atrocious. His ego is probably the size of Jupiter itself and he can never focus on anything besides sorcery! He's so serious and his mind is dead set on defeating the Wicked that he doesn't even care about what's going on around him!"