Chapter Nineteen

_________________________

So just to create confusion, I'm going to introduce a future character: Emma Place.

Genevieve Hannelius wil be playing Emma and let's just say, she has a way with water(:

Please read the a/n at the end and enjoy(:

_________________________

Chapter Nineteen

(Tess's POV)

"Hey braniac? Pst, braniac!"

I grit my teeth and choose to ignore the arrogant young male seated diagonal from me. Even though I've been moved up to Advanced Science, I still have General Math with the bastard, also known as Cameron. When the teacher isn't looking my way, I take the chance.

"Would you shut the hell up," I snap quietly.

He whistles, amused with my choice words, "I didn't know the braniac cussed."

"Can you stop calling me that? I'm not a braniac," I scowl.

"Yeah, and I'm the president of the United States," he scoffs as I roll my eyes.

"Did you not see my last score," I ask him, referring to our math test we had gotten back at the beginning of the class period, "I got a C minus."

"Really," he says, not convinced for one second, "Let me see."

I bite my lip nervously and shield my paper from view. I hastily scribble out the ninety four on my paper and replace it with a seventy-eight.

"See," I say pointedly, pointing to the grade.

He shoots me a knowing look, "I'm not as stupid as you think, Rexel. I can still see that you scribbled out your original grade."

I huff and cross my arms, "I still got a horrible grade. I suck at math anyway so it doesn't matter."

He raises an eye brow, "And what exactly did you get?"

Blushing and looking down in defeat, I mutter, "A ninety-four."

His eye brows shoot up and an almost smile forms on his face, "Most people would consider that as an extremely good grade and would be dancing on the top of their desks."

One side of my mouth quirks up, acknowledging the fact that he's not being an asshole at this particular moment, "Do you seriously think that's something I would do?"

He opens his mouth to reply but is instantly cut off by the silence of the classroom and the sharp voice of Mrs. Warmer.

"Cossack, I would prefer if you didn't talk during my lesson," she snaps.

"And I would prefer if you didn't teach during my conversation," he says casually back, winking at me and making my insides turn to jelly.

"That's it! You're out of my classroom! Detention after school and if you don't care to show up, your time doubles!"

He sighs in annoyance and gathers up his books, striding casually out of the classroom as my gaze burns into his back, my face still the color of a tomato and my insides still melted from the one, simple wink he gave me.

Cameron Cossack, what are you doing to me?

~ ~ ~

I decided to eat lunch outside today since Brooke is staying after class to make up a test and Michal is home sick with the flu. I gather up my homemade lunch that my caring mother made me and plop down on an unoccupied bench about fifty meters from the entrance of the school.