Chapter Twenty-Two

_____________________________

Picture of Asa Butterfield (Nick) on the side ---->

So I know this is an old song and it's overplayed way too much, but it obviously goes along with Valorie pretty well because she has the powers of ice and snow. . . Anyway, check out Let It go on the side by: Idina Menzel

Enjoy and attempt to look past my frequent spelling and grammatical errors(:

_____________________________

Chapter Twenty-Two

"Rise and shine lovebirds!" A voice sings, snapping me out of my dreamless, lulling sleep.

I vaguely make out a groan from beside me through my state of half-awaking as the bed shifts and two arms pull me to their warm chest. A shiver runs up my spine as I snuggle closer to this source of warmness. Gradually, I fell my body becoming warmer and warmer until it feeling like I'm bathing in fire.

I leap out of bed, thrusting the covers up into the air and yelling out in pain as steam rises around the room. My eyes snap open to find Will on the opposite side of the room, breathing heavily and staring intensely at me.

Jake stifles a laugh with an awkward cough as I shoot him a glare.

"I'm up now, happy," I snap.

"Ooh, someone's cranky," Jake muses, still smirking although it's evident that he's slightly irritated.

"Shut up," I mutter, "I'm going to take a ten minute shower."

"Do you mind if I join you," Will asks subtly.

I narrow my eyes at him in annoyance as I whip around dramatically and stalk of to the bathroom, slamming the door satisfyingly behind me.

Filthy perverts, I spit using mind speak as I listen to Jake and Will cracking up outside the bathroom door. Then I smile to myself.

For once, my two favorite boys are getting along.

~ ~ ~

After I had drenched myself in soap and hot water, I towel dried my body and wrapped myself in a spare black robe hanging on a hook. I temporarily wrap a towel around my sopping hair and gather my dirty clothes. Luckily, Hilary brought extra clothes; although they're not my taste, there's nothing else I can really wear.

I unlock the bathroom door to find a post-it note stuck to the dresser.

Went to get breakfast, brb -W

I crumple the note and toss it in the trash using my telekinesis as Jake observes from the chair he slept in last night.

"Impressive," he nods.

I open my mouth to explain the situation between Will and I, but he holds up a hand.

"Don't. We'll talk about this later. Besides, I can't take you seriously when you're not even dressed." He gestures to my robe with raised eyebrows as I flush a deep red. I've known Jake for maybe three years now so it's not very unusual for him to see me half dressed. Yeah that's right. Back when we both thought we were normal, Jake had a tendency to just barge in my room whilst I'm still shrugging on a shirt or yanking on jeans.

I dig through the black bag and fish out some jeans and a blue and white striped short sleeved shirt. Obviously, I'm just going to use the same under garments; who would want to wear someone else's underwear?

Plodding back to the bathroom and shutting the door, I unwrap my hair from its towel and shrug on my clothes for the day, including a white pair of socks to keep my toes warm. I then apply a stray bottle of conditioner to my hair to help tame my rats nest, and proceed to rake out the snarls. After blow drying and straightening my hair, I apply some lip gloss to my lips and mascara to my lashes. After this is finished, I study my complexion. I still appear to look like a living ghost and I don't want to freak people out, so I fish out my base and apply the orangeish substance over the bags of my eyes and on the rosy parts of my cheeks. I pack away my belongings and shove them back into the black bag after dashing out of the bathroom. By this time, Jake has packing his belongings, changed, packs, and made the beds.