Chapter Twenty-Six

________________________

Max on the side --->

Enjoy and make sure to read the A/N at the end (:

________________________

Chapter Twenty-Six

"Are we there yet," Jake whines immaturely as Hilary sighs impatiently for the tenth time.

"No, would you shut the hell up," she snaps as Jake raises his hands in surrender with a slightly smirk on his face.

"Sorry, I just thought it might help us get there faster," he sarcastically remarks as I snicker quietly. All of us are currently flying, following the track of the seventh sorcerer/sorceress. Thankfully, since we had a month of training since we found Emma and Nate, all of us can now fly independently without help. Currently, I'm flying next to Emma, enjoying nothing but the view of cloud and small buildings and tiny people dashing beneath us while Will flies next to Nate way ahead of both of us.

"So, I know that Nate has a reason to avoid me, but way is lover boy avoiding you," Emma questions.

"Did you not see Will storm out of the room earlier," I question her.

She sighs, "It's just that Christmas shouldn't be like this. We shouldn't be fighting and breaking apart, we shouldn't be flying through the sky hunting for the sorcerer or sorceress that completes our group, we should be inside, toasty and warm, laughing and opening presents." Her expression saddens, "And I should be with my family who thinks I'm dead."

I shoot her an apologetic expression, "In order for your parents to not flip shit on you, they needed to think you were dead and not actually heading into a deathtrap."

"I know it's just shouldn't they understand? They're both sorcerers themselves."

"Trust me," I say, "It took a lot of convincing from my mother, but when I finally told her I'd practically saving the world, she gave in."

Emma giggles as I laugh along with her.

"So what happened between you and Nate," I question as she blushes.

"Let's just say, after he took me into a different room, he got me breakfast and we talked for a while before the conversation got serious. He told me that he. . . ." she trailed off.

"That he," I repeat, encouraging her.

"He told me he was pretty sure he was in love with me," she audibly gulps, "but I don't feel the same way. I don't have weird feelings for anyone yet and I really don't want to with increased emotions you know."

I nod, agreeing, "Love sucks."

She gasps, "So your saying you're in love with Will?"

I hesitate before nodding as she breaks out into a grin. I can't deny my feelings for Will, that's just make everything worse, "Yeah, I think I am."

"Well tell me how it feels being in love with your polar opposite and all."

I take a deep breath, "Well to sum it all up, it sucks. I mean, I can't touch him without feeling like I'm burning alive, although sometimes we do anyway because I guess love overpowers all." I shrug nonchalantly as she squeals, earning a weird glance from Jake and an annoyed one from Hilary.

"Dude, you need to tell him," as Emma calls me dude, my mind automatically transfers to Brooke, Michal, and Tess. A pang of sadness and guilt enter my heart as I wonder what they're doing at this moment. I'm sure the Winter dance has already passed and I desire to just reach out to my best friends and let them know I'm okay, that I had to go save the universe from the army of Wicked.