Chapter Sixteen

_________________________

Cover on the right --->

I apologize for any grammar or spelling errors

_________________________

Chapter Sixteen

My dream started out happy.

~ ~ ~

Will and I were gallivanting in the woods, clasping hands. Even though the heat penetrating from his hand into my glove was uncomfortably warm, I was happy.

"You want to challenge me," he questioned mischievously. I feel like this is a repeat of that one time in the woods.

"I always do," I smirked.

He smiled kindly back with a glint in his eye and fire sprung to his palms. Snowflakes and icicles danced around my fingertips as the temperature cooled around me and the bare trees turned to slick ice.

"Is that the best you can do, Elsa? I can show you better."

Abruptly, fire shot up all the way into the tree tops, and fire balls rained down from above. I ground my teeth and met his fire balls with my snowballs as they exploded into vibrant orange and blue in the air above us. Ash and crisp snow rained down from thin air onto us and I didn't bother to brush the searing particles off my jacket.

"Is that the best you can do," I mimicked.

His eyes transformed into red as he appeared to become more angry and challenging.

Then he laughed sarcastically, "I was simply going as easy as I possibly could on you."

I didn't see it coming. Fire shot at unbearable speed towards me and there was nothing I could do. . . .

And then it halted; an inch, no a centimeter, from my nose.

To my disappointment, I gasped out loud in fright that the fire would burn me and sear my skin until it was raw.

I covered my mouth as my eyes went wide and transformed into a light purple, almost white.

"Valorie," he breathed, "Your eyes weren't changed."

"No shit, dumbass," I said.

Obviously, he wasn't amused by my use of language because he placed gloves on his hands and strode briskly over to wear I glared at him from my position by a naked tree.

He cupped my face, "You could have been severely injured, little apprentice. I thought your in human vision had kicked in, but I guess I was too careless to check if your eyes had changed."

I placed my hand over his as my heart warmed and my glare softened, "Don't be sorry, Will. It was an accident."

He sighed and glanced down at his feet in embarrassment, and gazed down at me again,

"I need to be more careful around you, don't I," he murmured.

I shook my head, "Don't go easy on me. I need the hard core training to be prepared for the Wicked."

When I spoke of the latter part, his eyes darkened briefly before lighting up again as he smiled kindly.

"That's my little snowflake I've come to know and love."

The last thing I noticed before my dream shifted was that Will admitted he loved me.

~ ~ ~

I didn't know where I was.