Chapter Six

Chapter Six

____________________________

I personally think this picture of Valorie is utterly breathtaking. This actually used to be the old cover for Thirteen. Yeah, I changed it(:

Oh and I finally got my wattpad to upload pictures! I just need to upload them from my phone.

Okay enough of me blabbering just enjoy the chapter(:

________________________________

"Where were you?"

My best friend Brooke is questioning me on why I didn't show up to our group meeting in our tree house that we made when we were little.

And I seriously wanted to tell her and Tess everything.

But I just couldn't.

When worst comes to worst, Will is completely shunning me today. I don't know if it's payback for me shunning him or if he's pissed at me.

I'm actually starting to become extremely confused and mad at him. I don't recall doing anything to piss him off so bad that he completely ignores me.

But then again he is one to have gigantic mood swings.

"Earth to Stone." Brooke is snapping her fingers in front of my face.

I blink before shooting her an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I'm listening."

"What's up with you? You're not acting normal lately. First, you don't show up at our meeting. Second, you don't return any of our text messages. And third, you completely zone out when I'm talking to you. Val, I know you better than almost anyone, and you seem troubled."

I look into her chocolate eyes, expressionless. There is so much to say, but yet nothing to say to her at the same time.

That makes since, right?

"Valorie Malencia." Brooke shoots me an agitated look.

"Sorry, again. I've just been. . . . busy with all my classes," I lie nervously.

"You expect me to believe that shit?"

I shake my head guiltily. "No."

She spins me around in the cafeteria chair so that I'm facing her. "Then tell me the truth."

My eyes automatically dart to Will before I can stop them. I quickly look away and hope no one noticed.

"I can't," I whisper sadly.

She sighs, angry. "When have you not been able to tell me anything? I'm your best friend! You should trust me!"

"I do trust you-"

"I thought you were my friend," she mumbled solemnly.

Guilt, shame, and heart-piercing sadness overcomes me as she turns away from me.

I touch her shoulder lightly. "Brooke, I would tell you if I could. I hope you know that. But I just-can't."

She averts her eyes off of the wall and over to me again. She nods unwillingly and doesn't push me any further.

This relieves me of some of my sadness and shame, but not of my guilt.

~ ~ ~

When lunch is over, Brooke and I stand up, dump our lunch sacks in the garbage, and head to our next class. Brooke and I suck badly at World History and that's why we're stuck in the same class.