Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

"You do," Torch questions him, raising an eye brow.

The head Elder then chuckles, "Of course I do, Zachary. A little respect would be appreciated."

Torch nods and clenches his jaw physically, obviously refraining from bursting out on the old Elder.

"You're here to fight, of course! I'm apologize if I made anyone feel paranoid, but an old guy like me has to have a sense of humor right," he laughs as I try not to sneer.

We all glance at each other before forcing grins and feigning laughter at his very frightening joke.

He rubs his hands together, "Let's get down to business, shall we? I haven't specifically heard from the Elders that were training you, but I know you wouldn't be seated in front of me if you weren't ready. Clouse, I would like you to fetch my other fourteen Elders please."

Oh God, this is it. Everyone be prepared once that Elder bursts through the door with no news, Nate says.

Once the Elder leaves the room, Elder Jietaquatople begins with a smile, "So I would like to go down the row and inform me of your full name, what natural power you have, and what your intentions are of the Wicked."

Nate gulps and begins first, "I'm Nathaniel O'Lieare with the power of herbs and plants. I intend to do whatever it takes to defeat the Wicked and bring peace to the world again."

The head Elder nods, evidently pleased with his response as his gaze shifts to a hard faced Will.

"I'm William Trenton and I have the power of fire and heat. My intentions towards the Wicked are to slaughter them all with their leader until they have returned to dust," Will introduces himself firmly, not losing the hard look in his eye.

"Ahh, William Trenton," the head Elder muses, "I still remember your parents to this day."

Confusion begins to bubble in my chest as I glance at Will who refuses to meet anyone but the head Elder's gaze. Will never spoke of his family and I never really thought to ask. Maybe, I'll finally get some closure about some of the people who carry the same bloodline Will does.

"What about them, Elder," Will questions politely, but also intimidatingly.

The Elder smiles, "I'm still proud of them to this day, passing for you and your sister."

Will's eyebrows furrow in confusion as my heart starts beating faster. Will has a sibling?

"Since when do I have any siblings," he questions, but the Elder just waves him off.

"We don't have time for dilly dallying. Onto the next person."

"I'm Hilary and I have the power of air and wind. I agree with Will and Nate and want everyone causing harm in this world dead."

"I'm Jake and I have the power of storms and lighting. I want all evils to be brought to an end."

Finally, when the head Elder rests his beady gaze on me, my heart rate escalates in fear of his challenging dark green eyes.

"I'm Valorie Stone," I begins feebly with a small smile of respect, "and I have the powers of ice and snow. I want all of the Wicked, and their leader-" I take a large gulp and force out my lie, "-gone and utterly diminished from this Earth."

The head Elder grins, "You do know of the leader, right Malencia?"

My heart plummets in fear as he calls me by my middle name and I feel Will's gaze burning holes into my head. I swallow more saliva and force myself to nod.