Chapter Twenty-Nine

______________________

Banner on the side along with Bea Miller's Fire N Gold. I think U can figure out how this song connects to this book. (:

Enjoy and I apologize for any mistakes. <3

______________________

Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Wait, what do you mean by 'sister?'" I question, thinking my ears are deceiving me.

My supposed father/the Black Hood (I don't even know what to call him anymore) chuckles, "How about we get you out of that cell so we can all talk as a family?"

"I'd rather stay in here," I spit with venom, crossing my arms as the Black Hood sighs. I refuse to call him my father until. . . . I don't even know when. He's going to have to work hard to gain my trust back.

Nick chuckles, "I suggest you be good, sister." Two Wicked looks sort of frightened by my death glare as they cautiously unlock my cell and struggle with my hand cuffs.

"Would you stop calling me that," I hiss at him as he raises his hands in defense and two Wicked latch onto my arms. I shrug them off as they back away from me.

"I'm freaking powerless at the moment, thanks to you. I don't think I need personal body guards or whatever the hell you are," I snap as they flinch as Nick presses his lips together. That's when I come to the realization that I just cussed in front of my father. Evidently, he doesn't care because he says nothing about the fact, only:

"Leave her be, she can't do any harm to you if she's powerless," the Black Hood informs the Wicked as they move to allow me out of my cell.

Oh, you'd be surprised father; I am capable of more things than your mind can comprehend.

I roll my eyes as the two Wicked fall into step behind me. I almost feel like a sick puppy, following after my father and . . . . whatever Nick is to me.

The two Wicked who're walking in front of my father, nod their heads in acknowledgement and thrust open the heavy metal doors for all of us to march through. I shoot both the Wicked death glares as I stomp dramatically by them and they shrug at me.

Everybody probably knows I'm the Black Hood's fucking daughter. Great.

"Hey, what's with the sour attitude," Torch asks, falling into step beside me as I sigh and allow my shoulders to slump. That's when I take time to notice why visibly ripped jeans and tight, blood and dirt stained kami tank top. I'm guessing some Wicked slave must've removed my very warm and comfortable sweater while I was snoring in a cell.

"You can't blame me for being a little bitter when I just figure out my own blood betrayed me, used me, removed my sweater, and threw me in a cell like some rag doll," I say bitterly.

The ex-Elder chuckles, "So you're cold right now?"

I glance up at him and rub my clammy hands over the goose bumps rising on my arms, "Freezing."

"I'm sure we can get you a small jacket to keep you warm. After all, the underground is colder than it is above ground."

"That's why there's no windows," I grumble and rub my arms to keep warm as Torch summons a Wicked and instructs him to fetch me a jacket.

"Here we are," Black Hood says as we stop in front of another set of metal doors that are soon open by two hooded Wicked.

Never in my life did I think I would be trudging to my doom in an unground lair made by an evil mastermind (a.k.a. my father).