Chapter 19

Joe's POV:

I woke up at 11:30am the next morning because I was on the phone with Demi at three in the morning. She had a dream like the one she had when we were filming Camp Rock.

I got up and took my time getting ready. I couldn't care less if I'm late to the meeting.

"I'm going out. I'll meet you guys at the studio." I grabbed my keys and went to my car before they could answer.

I drove to the studio. I ended up getting there on time. I took the elevator to the floor we usually recorded in.

I opened the door to find Robert and some other people, "Let's just get straight to the point, what's wrong with Demi?" I sat down. I really wasn't in the mood for this.

"We'll get to that in a bit. We need you to do something for us." Robert smiled.

"What is it?" I rolled my eyes.

"Well, there's going to be a Camp Rock 2. You'll start filming in September--"

"Your point, please?" I cut him off.

"We need you to start dating Demi." One of the other men in the room said.

"Why?" I asked.

"We believe that you'll be able to bring in more ratings for Camp Rock 2..." Robert trailed off.

"I'm not going to date her for publicity." I crossed my arms.

"It could also help both of your careers. Especially if you help Demi." He continued.

"What do you, 'help Demi'?" I asked. I started getting worried.

"You remember these pictures?" One of the publicists showed me a photo.

"Yes." I answered.

"Those are cuts on her wrists." He took the photo away.

"I thought those were just from gummy bracelets." I was confused.

"That's just what we said to cover it up." He replied.

I looked down. Would she really do that to herself? "I can't date her for publicity. It would only hurt her more when she finds out." I shook my head.

"If she finds out," Robert corrected, "Demi can't know about this while you guys are 'dating'."

"I haven't agreed to this. And why can't she know?" I argued.

"Because, we need it to be believable, and if she knows it's fake, then it won't look as good." He explained.

"Well, forget it. I'm not going to hurt her. She's my best friend, I can't lose her." I got up and started walking towards the door.

"But you're the only one who can help her." Robert said.

I stopped and turned around, "What do you mean?" I asked.