Chapter 23

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
This chapter may be triggering for some. As it does include some substance abuse and rape. If this is triggering or uncomfortable for you in any way, it is advised that you do NOT read this chapter.

One week later...
Demi's POV:

I was on the set for Sonny With A Chance. I just a had a week left of filming this until our small filming hiatus. Which meant that I would be filming more for Camp Rock, and finishing up on my album. Then I had to promote my album, and then go on a small tour for it.

We were on our lunch break. I couldn't have lunch today because I was in a meeting discussing what we were going to do with the rest of my album.

I slumped down onto the chair. I had about 15 minutes before I had to start trying on clothes for the new scenes.

My leg bounced up and down as I looked over at the mini fridge in my dressing room. I bit the inside of my bottom lip before I decided to get up.

I walked over to the fridge and opened it. I took out the small can of alcohol, and chugged it. I closed the fridge and went back to my seat.

There was soon a knock at me door, "Demi, we need to do your makeup again." A voice called.

I quickly threw the can away, "Okay, come in!" I answered.

Two people came in and started doing my makeup while the other did my hair. I just watched them in the mirror.

"Are you okay?" The makeup artist, Sam, asked me.

I put on a fake smile, "Yeah, just thinking."

He didn't question me any further. I was getting better at pretending to be happy. Which I guess was a good thing.

I looked back over at the mini fridge. I first tried alcohol at Miley's 16th birthday party. But I didn't get into it until a couple of days ago.

"Demi, time to get ready." A voice came from the other side of the door.

"Coming!" I called out to them and got up from my chair.

I opened the door, and in came in the costume director, "Go, try this on." She handed me some jeans, a t-shirt, and a plaid button up to go over top.

I went into the bathroom and changed into everything. Once I was done, I came out and went over to the mirror where she was standing, "Turn around." She instructed, and I did so. I looked in the mirror, and I couldn't help but notice how far I looked, "Not bad. Go try this dress and jacket on."

She handed me the clothing, and I did as I was told. I came back to the same mirror and turned around. And again, I felt overweight.

She kept giving me new things to try on, and each one made me feel worse and worse about myself.

Finally, we settled on an outfit...which of course was the first one that I tried on. Typical.

The costume director walked out of my dressing room. I had about two minutes until I had to be on set again.

I quickly went over to the mini fridge and downed one more can of alcohol. I was a little buzzed now, but not enough for me to not know what I'm doing.

"Demi, c'mon! We need you on set!" I heard the director shout from wherever he was. I sighed and hid the empty can in the trash. I opened the door to my dressing room and walked out with a smile on my face.

"Sorry. I got thirsty." I said as got to the others.

"No worries. You remember your lines?" Sterling asked.