Chapter 7

Demi's POV:

"Hey, we're going to go get a bite to eat, if you want to come?" Kevin asked.

"Sure!" I said, although I wasn't really feeling that enthusiastic about eating. It's not that I wasn't hungry. I just always felt fat whenever I ate anything unhealthy or just eat a lot in general.

We all got out of the limo and into a diner, there were paparazzi everywhere.

"What are you guys all doing here in Ontario?!"

"Who is this girl?!"

"Is she one of your guys' girlfriend?!"

Nick and Joe both put their arm around me and helped guide me to the doors, while Kevin stayed in front of us to keep them from getting in our face.

When we sat down, I took a deep breath and let it out, "Is that really what you guys have to go through everyday?" I asked.

"Not everyday, but most days. Yeah." Joe  answered.

"We love our fans, we wouldn't be where we are without them, so we don't mind signing autographs or taking pictures with them. It's paparazzi we can't stand. They're always asking a million questions and you don't even have time to answer!" Nick was irritated, I could tell.

"But I'm sure you guys are used to it by now."

"We're used to them asking a lot of  questions and the crowding. It's the questions that they ask that can be unexpected. They just like to start rumors." Kevin answered. And with that, the waiter showed up at our table.

"Can I start you guys off with something to drink?" He asked kindly.

"I'll just have a water." Nick said.

"I'll have the same." Joe said, but I could tell that he didn't want 'just water'.

"Same." Kevin nodded.

"Same here." I sighed. I remeber Disney executives telling me that we were only allowed to drink water or milk when we were in public because we apparently needed to show kids that soda and other beverages aren't good for you. Which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

"Man, they can be really strict." Kevin sighed. We all nodded are heads because we knew what he was talking about.

We also weren't allowed to talk about what it's like to work at Disney. They even setted up fake interviews where you would answer the question how Disney would want you to. So if someone asked, "What is it like working for a big company like Disney?" You would basically have to give them a vague answer and not really answering the question, or you could just be 'really happy' about working here. Don't get me wrong, I love working for Disney, but they do have really strict rules.

The waiter came back with our drinks and we all ordered our food, "So Demi, do you have any other songs you've been working on?" Nick asked.

"There are a few, but I'm not finished with them yet." I answered.

"Well maybe we can help you sometime." Nick offered.

"Yeah, that would be fun!" I smiled.

"So what's the song you were singing tonight called?" Joe asked.

"It's called Don't Forget." I answered shyly.

"Who's it for?" He asked.

"Right now it's not for anyone. My older sister, Dallas, was going through a break up and she was telling me that they never actually stayed friends. That it was like he just forgot about her, so I decided to write a song about it. So I guess I'll just dedicate it to the first boy who breaks my heart." I shrugged.

"You've never had a boyfriend?" Joe asked, he sounded genuinely surprised.

"Yeah, well, I wasn't allowed to date until I turned 16, and I just turned sixteen a couple of weeks ago. I also don't really have friends since I'm home schooled. Well, except Selena." I smiled, I missed her.

"Selena? As in Selena Gomez?" Nick asked.

"Yeah. You know her?" I smiled.

"I've seen her around. So how long have you guys known each other?" Nick looked up from his hands and made eye contact.

"About six years, I met her on the set of Barney."

"You were in Barney?!" Kevin sounded a little surprise.

"Yeah. It was pretty fun...for only being 10." I answered, and the waiter came back with our food. I looked down at my small salad. Even if it was healthy, the idea of eating it made me want to puke.

"Are you sure you're not hungry? You barely ate anything at lunch." Joe asked before taking another bite from his burger.

"Yeah, I just don't have a big appetite." I assured him.

"You're not gonna go back to the hotel and order something because you didn't actually have enough to eat, are you?" I looked back at Joe, I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

"Trust me, I'm not going to order anything at the hotel." I playfully rolled my eyes. But I was telling the truth, I'm not going to eat anymore today, or else I'll just be fat and ugly. He nodded his head.

"So have you been on any other shows?" Nick asked.

"Yes, I'm currently working on 'When the Bell Rings,"' I smiled, "It's pretty underrated though."

"Underrated shows are always the best." Kevin chimed in, and I just smiled.

We were finally leaving about 30 minutes later. Thankfully there wasn't any paparazzi this time, "So what hotel are you at?" Joe asked.

"Staybridge."

"Really? That's the one we're staying at!" Joe answered.

"How cool! What room are you guys?" I asked.

"5C". Kevin answered.

"No way! I'm 5D!" I smiled.

"That's awesome!" They all said in unison.

"I'm not sure if I said this already, but, I think we're all going to be great friends!" I said and we all smiled at each other and made our way to the hotel.