Chapter 14

Demi's POV:

I walked on set with Alyson today. We met up at my hotel and went over together. We saw that the boys weren't here. Which wasn't surprising.

We went over to the foosball table and started to play until Mathew got here.

"Look at the early birds." Mathew smiled.

"So which scenes are we doing today?" I asked.

"Well, it's starting to get colder here, so it's going to get harder to wear summer clothes. So we're going to do the canoe scene while it's still warm out. We'll see what else we'll do after that." He answered.

Alyson and I nodded and went to our trailers to get ready.

When the boys finally got here, everyone was ready except for them. So we had to wait on them, but it didn't take that long.

We went outside to the lake where were filming today. I had on a jacket because it was getting colder here.

Joe and I were getting ready to go on the canoe. We both had our life jackets on, "Chest bump?" Joe looked at me.

I laughed. He was so weird sometimes, "Ready?" I smiled.

"1...2...3." We did a chest bump with our life jackets on. We both laughed.

Once we were ready, we both got into the canoe. Joe started rowing, meanwhile I had to just sit and watch. Joe smiled at me. I smiled and looked away. My smile slowly faded as the demons in my head started whispering to me.

You're not good enough.

He will never love you.

Who would love someone as ugly and fat as you?

"You okay?" Joe looked at me, worried.

I snapped out of my thoughts, "Yeah. I'm fine." I gave him a small smile.

"I know you're not. What's wrong?" He asked.

I sighed, "I'm just a little home sick. That's all." I answered.

Joe's POV:

"I'm just a little home sick. That's all." She answered.

I nodded. I knew that she wasn't telling the whole truth. I didn't press on with the conversation. Demi is a closed book. If she didn't want to to talk about something, then I wouldn't push her to.

All I know, is that she had an abusive father and so on, and that she's not confident with her image. I understand why she's closed off, but I could tell that she needed someone to talk to. We haven't known each other long, but I really hope that we can get to a point in our friendship where we can tell each other anything.

Once we finished for the day, I invited Demi to come have a writing hour with us. She declined and just went back to her room. Just like she did yesterday. I was starting to get worried.

"Okay, so I know that this is supposed to be a writing hour. But Demi has been acting odd lately. What should we do to help her out?" I asked.

Nick shrugged, "There's not much we can do. We wouldn't be able to get her family here if she's homesick."

"What about Selena Gomez? Demi said that they're really good friends." Kevin suggested.

"Does anyone have her number?" I asked. I was being sarcastic because we had only ever met Selena a few times, but it was never for that long.

"I do." Nick said.

"When and why do you have her number?" Kevin raised his eyebrows.

"At a time, and none of your business." Nick countered.

"Aw, does Nick have a crush?" I spoke to him like he was a dog.

He blushed, "Stop." He looked down.

"I see you're over Miley then." Kevin took a sip from his water bottle.

"Can we just focus on Selena coming here to see Demi, please." Nick glared at us.

"Right. So you text Selena asking her if she could come see Demi. I'll text Mathew to see if it would be okay if Demi could have a day off." I instructed.

Nick nodded and started texting Selena, "Let's start writing while we wait for her to reply." He said, putting his phone down.

"Okay, so do we have anything new? Or should we continue on what we've been working on?" I asked. No one said anything, so I continued, "Alright. Nick, how's A Little Bit Longer coming?"

"It's coming. I have a second verse." He started strumming his guitar and sang.

All this time goes by

Still no reason why

A little bit longer longer and I'll be fine

Waiting on a cure

But none of them are sure

A little bit longer and I'll be fine

He stopped playing and looked up, "And then it's the chorus again."

I nodded my head, "That's really good, Nick." I said. Kevin nodded in agreement.

"I think--" He stopped, "Do you guys hear that?"

We all stopped and listened. It was Demi, she was singing.

A mirror can lie

Doesn't show you what's inside

And it can tell you you're full of life

It's amazing what you can hide

Just by putting on a smile

I don't wanna be afraid

I want to wake up feeling beautiful today

And know that I'm okay

Cause everyone's perfect in unusual ways

So see I just wanna believe in me

She stopped singing, "Wow." Kevin's eyes widened.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"Guys, she texted back. She said that she can come in two days." Nick looked up from his phone.

"Good. I think she really needs this." I smiled.

I picked up my phone and texted Matt.

Joe: Would Demi be able to have a day off in two days? I know she'll be missing some things, but the guys and I think she's really homesick. So we asked one of her good friends, Selena Gomez, if she could come for a day to cheer Demi up. She said that she would be able to come in two days. Would that be okay?

It didn't take him long to reply.

Mathew: Yes, I understand. But you have to be on set to film. Not everyone can have a day off. I'm glad that you guys care. See you tomorrow.

I smiled and put my phone aside. We continued our session.
____________________

So sorry for the wait. And I'm sorry it's really short. For some reason Wattpad wouldn't let me publish it. I had this chapter done days ago. A little bit of drama is coming soon. I promise!