Chapter 8

Joe's POV:

"I'm not sure if I said this already, but, I think we're all going to he great friends!" We all smiled and headed into the hotel.

"Did you want to come over for a little?" I asked Demi when we got to our rooms.

"No, that's okay, I'm pretty tired." She yawned.

"You're not just saying that so you can order food, are you?" I joked.

"No. I assure you, I'm not going to order anything." She slid in her card key and opened her door a crack. She turned back towards me, "I had a lot of fun today, thank you." She smiled and started entering her room.

"Yeah, me too." I smiled.

"Good night, Joseph."

"Good night, Demi." She smiled and closed her door.

I quickly let out the breath I didn't even know I was holding, "Joe, you coming?" Nick asked, awakening me from my thoughts.

I looked at Demi's closed door and nodded, "Yeah. Coming." I slowly walked towards the door.

I layed back on my bed and stared up at the ceiling, "Dude, you okay? You've been acting different lately." Nick said coming over and sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Yeah, you've been zoning out a lot lately." Kevin joined.

"I don't know. I'm so confused." I rubbed my hands over my face and sat up.

"About what?" Nick asked.

"Demi." I sighed.

"Are you sure you don't have a crush on her?" Kevin asked while smirking.

"I have a girlfriend."

"No, you had a girlfriend." Nick reminded me.

"Right. I forgot. It's only been a month since we broke up." I sighed.

"Dude, you need to get over her. AJ, cheated on you, remember?" Kevin said.

"I know, but a part of me will always love her, even if that part of is really tiny." I looked over at them, and they nodded.

"It's usually like that with first loves." Kevin agreed.

"Maybe you should get back in the game?" Nick suggested.

"No, I'm not ready. How can I trust another girl?" I asked.

"Then maybe you should just be friends with Demi. Let her see the real you, and I'm sure she'll show you the real her. Maybe then you won't be so confused. Maybe then you'll trust girls again. Maybe then you'll figure out your feelings for Demi." Kevin answered.

"Yeah. Thanks for the advise." I said and leaned back down on the bed. It was quiet, but it was a comforting silence. I looked over at a door I didn't notice before, "Where does that door go to?" I asked.

Nick looked up, "Oh, I think that might connect to Demi's room." He answered calmly.

"That's cool. Maybe we can hang after we work on the movie tomorrow." I said.

"Yeah." Kevin yawned, "Well, I'm going to bed."

"Yeah, me too." Nick yawned. I nodded my head.

"Night." I said.

"Night." They said in unison. We turned off the lights, but I didn't go to sleep. I was still thinking about what Kevin said earlier. Maybe I should let Demi in, I could really use a good friend--who weren't my brothers--right now. I turned onto my side and soon I drifted off to sleep.

"Joe! C'mon, we're going to be late!" Nick yelled/whispered at me. I looked over at the clock, it read 8:57. I sighed and quickly got ready.

We arrived on set about 10 minutes after nine, "Late, as usual." Matt said, but he was smirking, so we knew that he wasn't that mad at us.

"Sorry...Joe didn't want to get up." Nick glared at me. I looked back at Matt.

"Yeah, sorry. I'm not really a morning person." I yawned.

"It's alright. Just try to get better at coming on time." He said. We all nodded.

"Where's Demi?" I asked when I noticed that I didn't see her.

"She's getting her haircut. She should be out soon." He answered, "And don't get too comfortable. We'll be in the studio today working on the songs." And with that, he walked away.

"Cool." I yawned again and walked over to the couch.

"I hate it! It looks so bad!" Demi's voice was whispering. I turned my head to see her standing in front of me.

"You look fine. Don't worry, once this is over, you can go back to your own style." I assured her. She nodded.

"So when did you guys get here?" She asked while sitting down next to me.

"Like 10 minutes ago." I answered.

"So you were late." She joked.

"Maybe a little." I chuckled, "I hate waking up early." I sighed.

"Me too. I only get up because I hate the feeling of being late, while everyone else was here on time."

"Maybe we should leave for here at the same time then." I looked back over at her.

"I don't want to be late!" She teased.

"Haha. We would leave when you usually leave. That way none of are late." I suggested. She thought about if for a moment.

"Sure, but you guys have to leave when I say it's time to go." She agrees.

"Yes, ma'am." I saluted. We both ended up laughing.