CHAPTER XXIX: [Where are you now]

After your dinner, you decided to go meet everyone on the ground floor. But fate decided otherwise. You forced on the door handle but nothing helped, you were locked in the room. You looked through the lock and saw a person (whom you assumed was a maid from the outfit) standing on the other side. "Hey! Can you open the door for me please? I don't have the key, someone locked me up!" You asked, mentally accusing this Speedwagon man.
"Anything you say, Y/N~" the woman replied.
"h-huh?"

You didn't even have time to ask how she knew your first name as the door swung open and knocked you off balance. You fell on your butt and heard people talking loudly in the hallway. You looked at the maid who was far from being a stranger to you. Zeppeli-san walked into the room, confused to see the broken door. He was talking to you but you were overwhelmed by surprise.

The fuck was she doing here?

The fake young woman wrapped a lock of hair around her index finger and cocked her head to the side.
"May I take your tray Mrs. Raki?" Jeanne asked innocently.
You didn't know if she was on your side or not. To be honest, you never liked her even though she wasn't really bad just... weird.
"What's going on here?" asked a breathless Jojo.
"Y/n? Are you okay?" Erina followed him.
You opted for neutrality while waiting to be alone with the madwoman who almost broke your nose to ask where your man was hiding. The presence of this witch increased the hope of seeing him again.

"Uh... yes! I just wanted to change and I forgot where I put the key... so the maid helped me! Uhm... could you wait for me downstairs? I have to... change... " You said akwardly.
All eyes were fixed on your long white dressing gown provided to the host establishment.
"OH OF COURSE!" they answered in chorus.

You exchanged a look with the brunette who pretended to follow them but discreetly turned around to face you.

"As I can see, you already know about the plan sweetie!" she said, smiling mischievously which irritated you enormously.
You approached her with a determined step, "I don't have time for your bullshit. Where is he? I want to see him."
"Your new friends want to see Him too, from what I've heard." She replied without letting her smile fall on her lips. "I already know everything about what they want to do. And you also already know what Dio did. But what I'm not sure is what you'll do when you see his 'new' Him."

You narrowed your eyes in confusion. "That's..." you were thinking about this for a moment.
"Dio remains Dio for me..." you said weakly. "No one will change my mind about him. I've known him a long time since all of you. So let me do what I want. And right now, I want to see him. So hurry up and tell me where the hell is he hiding?"

In fact, you weren't afraid of his new appearance, of what he probably did to feed himself or what he might do to you when you'll be in front of him. No, you were afraid to see the consequences of the stone mask on his mental health. Is he still the same? The manipulative, charismatic, arrogant but also determined, gallant man and in love despite his way of showing it to you?

She just nodded and pursed her lips, giving you barely a few seconds to change and then go towards, what she said to the horse-drawn carriage driver: Windknight's Lot.
The small village was very silent, some merchants argued loudly while putting their goods in the hand-drawn carts. You couldn't sleep so you followed the countless hills with your eyes, mentally praying to reach Dio's new house safe and sound, without any accidents. Jeanne, sitting across from you, was getting a makeover. You didn't realize you were quizzing her until she met your judgmental gaze.
"We had to be perfect to earn a place by His side!" She justified herself by holding out her pocket mirror towards you.
The voice of reason answered her that he had already chosen you, and not only for your nice angel face but you didn't want to start an argument so you took the object in your hands without daring to look at it to avoid another nightmare.
You finally reached the castle. Everything was silent and dark when you walked in. You could only see the grand staircase in the middle of the hall, decorated with old red carpets.
You saw a small shape move at the foot of the stairs. You narrowed your eyes as you guessed the shape of the animal but was cut off by Jeanne's loud, broken voice.
"HEY DOOGIE! COME WELCOME YOUR MASTER!" her voice echoed.
The strange shadow suddenly begins to run towards you, jumping from right to left. You instinctively grabbed the torch hanging on the wall. When the light of the fire lit the beast your jaw dropped, unable to get a sound out of your mouth, your voice was muffled with fear.
The creature climbed onto the witch's shoulder. "This is Doogie, my pet!" she said as if it were a completely normal animal.
You raised an eyebrow, gripping your defense instrument tightly. "No it's not ...!" You exclaimed, completely stunned.
She patted the human head of her monkey.
"I'm telling you! Lord Dio created it! I always dreamed of having a man as a pet! But I wanted something smaller so here's the perfect one! don't you love?"
You swallow hard as you imagine how Dio could have created such an ugly thing.
She sighed when she saw your look of disgust.
"He's a chimera zombie. You'll have to familiarize yourself with seeing this kind of creature. Just one thing, you don't have the right to judge them. It's not in your power, only Dio can decide the fate of humans because from now on, he's the one who rules the world and its inhabitants. Do you understand what I'm telling you? I've warned you more than once. Now stop doing those faces! Well, I've done my job. Dio is in his room. Wait here until some servants come." She said pointing to a dusty armchair before disappearing into the dark talking to her Doogie.

You sat down taking the opportunity to soothe the strange feeling you had since entering here. You had to clarify the situation. The point was, you weren't on the same train as Dio anymore. You felt like he had abandoned you. But on the other hand, you weren't surprised because he had already told you about his motivations even if he didn't want to give you details. However, you were deadlocked. He's probably not the same anymore, just the fact that he killed Mr. Joestar proves it. You knew about Danny and you had decided to close your eyes to this case by claiming that Dio was upset by his sudden change of life. But there, he matured well. He is no longer a child and he killed a man. A man who didn't deserve such a death. You also knew that Dio was determined to the point of causing pain to those around him, but you could never have imagined such a scenario. He truly considers the Joestars to be his enemies. Jealousy would have won instead of recognition? They seem to feel something strange for each other, a mixture of hatred but also respect. So this is how men fight?

You looked at the clock in front of you. You've been waiting ten minutes.
The more time passed the more your stress level increased. So you decided not to wait any longer and stood up.
But as soon as you reach the foot of the stairs, you hear footsteps coming from the second floor.

TO BE CONTINUED

A/N: Sorry for the absence, I was overwhelmed by the work. I wanted to thank you for your votes it's incredible 500 votes for 6k views wtf I think it's pretty huge?? Well thank you so much ! [Also, we are near the end of this story (since I'm following the phantom blood timeline)]
Merry Christmas to those who celebrate 😊
💜