CHAPTER VII: [Flowers Aroma]

After escaping the thugs, you both arrived at the flower field to catch your breath. It seemed that you both took a detour because the smell which was passing through your nostrils was still different from that of the entrance of the field. A huge wave of lavender rose before you.

Although the night had already been here for a few hours, the field was lit by the full moon

"Do you want to take a bath?" Dio broke the silence.
"Wh-what?"
Your cheeks were already red after the intensive marathon. But his strange question only intensified the color.
What does he have to ask this question all of a sudden...?!

"JESUS CHRIST! YOU STINK! Even the smell of lavender is not so strong!"

Oh... that's why. He has a sharp tongue!
It looks like you're getting more and more nervous. You feel ashamed.
" Oh... I, I hid in a trash can earlier to avoid getting my head blown off.. hahaha... haha... ha."
You were nervous and embarrassed by his spontaneity.

He rolled his eyes. And walked again. You both walked about a few minutes until you passed a streamlet. Lit by fireflies.

He pointed at it: "Take the opportunity to rinse your bandage on your foot

He pointed at it:
"Take the opportunity to rinse your bandage on your foot. Before you cry because you got an infection." He said, whispering his last sentence and going back the way.
"That sounds like a good idea." You thought.
You sat down to unroll the bandage. When you saw the skin on your foot, you breathed a sigh of relief.
"I expected it to be worse because of the pain. But it looks like a little burn. I was really lucky!"
In order to avoid rubbing between your burned skin and your shoes you decided to keep the torn fabric of your dress. You soaked it to moisten it with fresh water and gently wrapped it around your foot before putting on your shoe.
Dio was already out of your sight.
You ran to join him a little further in the midst of thousands of lavender.
"You could have waited for me, you know!" You said as you walked at his pace.
"You managed to join me, that's good." he said with a mocking tone and his usual haughty air.
"Stop thinking I'm a moron with no sense of direction, I'm a stranger, I remind you!" You answered with a pout.
His eyebrows frown.
"Have you lost your manners?"
"Yes, ever since I've been here I've been relaxing."
"Oh? Fighting with bums?"
"Hey, I just wanted to go home to Mrs Brando!"
"You're lying. You screamed like a turkey that you wanted to play with us."
Oh yes it's true...
"That's right, I wanted to fit in and so? I have no right to want to have fun?"
"No you have no right."
"Excuse me?"