CHAPTER XIII: [Night chat]

Just hearing his silky voice grazed my ear sent me an electric shock.
His weight rested on me little by little while my body remained still.
What can I do? How can I react to this unpredictable act?
I didn't even hear him come in. What the hell is he doing in my room so late at night?! Was it him the other night tickling my neck?
He caught me completely off guard. I don't know what to do anymore.
As my brain tried to become aware of what was going on at that moment, he squeezed me.
"You... I missed you. Why didn't you ever come to me?" He whispered in my ear, sending a second eclectric charge all over my body.
I took an inspiration to order him to stop. But unable to open my lips.
Even after dodging me, even after listening to what his half-brother told me about his behaviour during my absence, he keeps a place in my heart. I knew that. I knew that behind his shitty character, he could be gentle... in his own way. But I didn't think that he would come to me one day and remember the good times we had spent as children.
Well, he came over tonight. Taking advantage of my drowsiness not to be rejected as he might have imagined.

He straightened up slightly and put his hand on my chin to force me to look at him, at least to see the shadow of his face.
He put his hand on my forehead while raising his eyebrow. "You're not even sick, you liar."
I immediately removed his hand from my face, being annoyed.
"Mr Joestar told me you got sick and that's why you left last time."
"That was two years ago, asshole." I said and turned around.
"Am I not allowed to know if my dear childhood friend is better?" He said, with a fake sad face.

He's kidding me. Knowing him, he wants something or else he's not sleepy and so he comes to piss me off.

I get up and sit on the edge of the bed, lifting up my hair that hid my face.
"Stop acting like you're worried, Dio. If you were really worried about me, you wouldn't have snubbed me for years. Knowing you, you want something you can't have on your own, you bu-"I stopped, reminding myself that now he's a rich guy. He smiled proudly, understanding why I didn't finish insulting him.
"That's why I would like to talk to you in private"

At 2:00 in the morning? He's got a nerve!

I got up to open the curtains and let pass the light of the moon. I turned to look at him.
And now that the moonlight enters the room, I can see the bright pair of eyes staring at me. The brown colour of his eyes turned to bright orange, which contrasted totally with the black-bluish light of the room. He was still wearing his street clothes, a sweater over his shirt that was shaping his muscles. He didn't even blink, far too focused on staring at me.
Uncomfortable, I turned around to pretend to hang the curtains with the curtains claws.

"We are already in private, so stay here. But don't make any noise, I don't want to be caught in your company at this late hour..."
When I turned around to sit on my bed, he was already standing behind me with a pillow in his hand. He was very close.
Too close.

I raised an eyebrow, surprised.
"You grew up." He said, head down towards my face.
He grew in size again since the last time. He'll never stop growing? Being so well shapely at only 16 is impossible! What does he eat?! My gaze was lost in his, and his was lost in my breast.
So that's why "you grew up"???!!
"You fat pervert are serious?!!" Outraged, I stole the pillow and hit him in the face.
But he swiftly dodged it.
"Pfff you don't even have boobs" he said to me, going back to my bed.
"So what were you looking at, you fat pig?" I replied.
He looked at me badly.
Oh yeah, bad insult. He used to call his father that.
I waved my hands like, "Forget what I just said" and settled down on my bed.

The room plunged into an awkward silence for a minute.
I decided to break it off by starting the discussion we were supposed to have a long time ago.
"So... when did you... become JoJo's ne-"
"First of all, stop talking to me about this pussy. Stop saying his nickname like you know him well. Just because you've been here a long time doesn't mean you stay here long enough to know everything about him. Second, I ask the questions FIRST. Third..." he stopped, inspected me again. "Tomorrow you stay with me. I don't have time to listen to your shitty life."

And heeere we go agaaaain, I offended him...
I realized that I should perhaps let him speak first. I forgot how much he liked to take control of the situation. Even small conversations had to wait until he started. Just who does he think he is? Dio.

I frowned at him as he went to the door. He ran away again. I may not be able to hear him talk about what happened that night of separation.
So I decided to put my pride aside by holding him by his shirt sleeve.
"Can you please talk to me, Dio?" I said, in an innocemously soft voice.
He turned around and leaned against the door with his arms crossed. Waiting for something more than this plea.
"You woke me up, you might as well talk."
"I didn't want to wake you up in the first place."
I suddenly felt an electric shock as I suddenly remembered how he woke me up. I blush as I look away randomly at the bedside table.

"Beautiful crown" he spoke, always in a bad mood but less than 2 minutes ago.
I thanked him with a smile. Receiving in return a scornful raised eyebrow.
"You'll not steal it from me since you are rich now." I said, always smiling.
I really want him to talk to me. I want him to confess. I want to know what he went through alone during my and Rose's absence. It may be complicated, but I want us to be close again.

"No, but if you could brush your hair before you put it on it would be perfect..." he replied by pointing at my head and my hair in disorder while making a false disgust look.
"I'm a beautiful witch, aren't I?" I said sarcastically.
"Ohoh I'm not sure you can mix witch and beauty. Anyway, I'm gonna have nightmares if I keep seeing your face. Goodbye" he opened the door.
I could not ask myself that my legs were already running towards him, hugging him for a few seconds and then letting him go.
He stood there and said nothing, he remained motionless for a few moments before moving away into the dark hallway of the mansion.
"Good night!" I whispered one last time, before locking my door. I want to sleep without being disturbed and to chase this zombie head that I have since I came here.
I lay down in my bed, realizing what had just happened. Dio entered my room in the middle of the night. If by bad luck someone hears us I'll probably run away from this mansion and go home and never set foot here again...

~1282 words

A/N:
1k views thanks😳🧡💛⭐️