CHAPTER XIV: [Vibration]

Note: « Femme de joie » means a prostitute (fem)

꧁•••••••••••••••••••••••••••꧂

The next day I woke up quite happy to spend the day with Dio. After all this time we hid from each other. Nevertheless, I don't know who to believe anymore. Between JoJo who is always honest but very naive and Dio who has changed a lot... What this first one told me about Dio always amazes me. Even if I know him for a long time, I do not see him killing a dog without mercy. Is JoJo jealous of him? Yet he has nothing to envy him. They are both very intelligent. But their characters are totally opposite.
Well I admit that Dio has hardened a bit. He becomes mean for a little thing. I don't want to fucked up this time.

When I got dressed, something fell out of my dress. This was my tiny wallet I had when I first came to London 11 years ago. Oh yes... I remember, I forgot it at Dio's.

I smile like a dumbass when I see it. He kept it all this time? I shook it to see if there was still a poor coin. Then opened it. A small folded piece of paper was inside...

'Poor Y/N, you thought you still had money? Too bad for you, I had to spend it to settle in my new mansion. Library 6:00pm. Get your ass over here. If you're late, I'll burn the dress your father gave you.'
This last sentence made me smile. May God heal this frustrated child!

Arriving at the time, (well, earlier...) I settled in the library.
The wait was endless so I decided to read a book, still on archaeology. When the time came for me to choose, I noticed that the book on the Aztec empire that I had read before was misplaced unlike all the other books. I tried to push it a little deeper, but nothing changed.
I passed my hand to the bottom of the shelf to remove what seemed to bother me. I pulled out my hand, grabbing a big ball of paper.
"This ragged paper has nothing to do there..." I opened it delicately not to tear it off. It was Dario's letter to Mr Joestar.
Someone took it out of the book and hid it somewhere else? Suddenly, the big door of the library opened. I quickly put the book and the letter in their places and bypassed the large rows of books to see that Dio is finally here.

"I see that threatening you works!" he exclaimed haughtily before sitting on the desk and opening a book.
"You are late" I replied.
"I have a business life now."
"Mmmhhh I see. That's why you're back so late from college."
"Ohh yes it takes me a long time, between work, classes, my new family and the « Femme de joie »..." he sighed as he put his head in the palm of his hand. "A witch still a virgin like you can't understand. But I'd be happy to give you some advice on how to become powerful Y/N."

Anyway, that asshole didn't change. He got a lot worse than before. That's enough to piss me off... Even though deep down, I'm not gonna lie, I'm relieved that he kept his same shitty personality that I still like as much.

I turned my heels towards the exit. "Finally, I don't want to stay with you anymore or you will waste your time. Since you already have NICE THINGS to do at night" I said sarcastically.
"Oh come on, I want to know what you were doing without me."
There was sincerity in his words, but I cannot help but wonder if he also wants to talk about himself.
I went to sit in front of him, taking the first book on the pile in the middle of the table. This time, he'll begin the conversation.