CHAPTER XI: [Dangerous Curiosity]

I arrived very early in the morning at the Joestar residence. I am so excited to spend my holidays here, after 5 years!

I knocked at the door, a servant opened the door for me.
"Good morning Ms. Raki, welcome to the Joestars!" He took my suitcase and Mr Joestar went down the stairs.
"Oh! Good morning Y/N! I'm so glad to see you again! How was the trip?"
"Pretty well, I'm a little tired but very happy to be back! Thank you!"
"Great! Oh.. did you receive my flowers? My condolences for your mom..."
"Yes, thank you so much sir. It's okay now, I'm fine!" I said with a smile.
"You can go to your usual room, make yourself at home! I am very busy today, so excuse me!"
I nodded "it's ok!" as I climbed the stairs, looking for my dear comrade Jojo.
But Mr Joestar's voice stopped me.
"By the way Y/N! Jojo is still at school he will be there in the afternoon... with a little surprise for you!" He says with a big smile.
A surprise...? I don't like surprises!
The mustached man had already left the hall.
"Anywaaaays..." I thought.

••••••••••••••

I took a cold bath, since it is summer, it refreshes me. I emptied my suitcase alone and put my clothes in my personal dressing room. I didn't want the servants to take care of that. No way would they see my underwear!
I decided to wear a clear dress to withstand the heat and the sun.

 No way would they see my underwear!I decided to wear a clear dress to withstand the heat and the sun

•••••••••••••••
After lunch, I decided to go to the library to occupy my free time, waiting for Jojo. I noticed that Danny wasn't there.
After spending 30 minutes looking for him in the mansion, I finally stopped.
Maybe he's asleep? I'll check on him later.

When I went to the library through the main hall, I took the time to contemplate the view of the large courtyard and the fountain by opening the large window.
I took a nice breath of fresh air.
A butterfly landed on my shoulder.
I wanted to catch it gently between my fingers, but it flew inside the mansion.
Watching the butterfly fly, I noticed a strange object hanging on the wall.
It was a mask... very sinister. I wonder if it was there the first time I came...
I approached the wall to look at the manufacturing details. Just looking at it so closely sent me shivers, my hair was bristling. It has the appearance of a somewhat-masculine face, its eyeholes sharp and somewhat slanted. It has a small mouth in either a neutral position or a slight smile, with full lips, and small fangs resting on the bottom lip. A ridge emerges from the bottom of the forehead, running vertically to the mask's top, joining with another ridge extending into a spiral resting on the left of its forehead.
"It's a bizarre mask... especially as a wall decoration..." I whispered to myself.
But my curiosity took over. I took a chair and went up to catch the mask.
Before I could touch it, a voice echoed in the hall.
"HEY!"
I jumped and quickly turned to where the voice came from.
It was a maid wearing a kitchen apron.
"What are you doing, my dear? You could have fallen, you know!" She approached me, reaching out to help me get down.
She kept her frowned eyebrows, in incomprehension.
Find an answer. A good answer.
"Uh... I was just putting the mask in its place.. he had fallen."
She smiled. "Oh thank you that's nice but next time call someone please I wouldn't want you to get hurt you know, you're still under our responsibility since you're not 18 yet... Understand?"
"Ok ok sorry." I returned the smile. "But do you know what it is?" I pointed to the mask.
"It's a mask discovered by Mrs. Joestar. I know nothing more than that she was very proud to acquire it. It's a valuable object."
"Oh I see..." my eyes penetrated the stone mask. I was lost in my thoughts and my multiple assumptions about why the fuck do you hang a terrifying mask like that in your house...
I went to the library, looked for a history book that I might like. When I opened the big door, I hallucinated how many shelves and books there were. I also had a library at home but not as much in books as this one. My eyes were scanning the library. Everything was classified by theme. But the "Archaeology" shelf caught my attention. It was my passion. And the shelf was fortunately very full. My eyes were scanning again the books. One of them didn't escape my curiosity. "Aztec Empire and Mythology" I took it and read it outside in the large garden.

••••••••••••••

I was very focused during the reading.
I was always passionate about History (maybe it's because my parents used to make me eat history class all mornings, middays and evenings I don't know) But I always found it interesting. When I learn something, I don't fail to write it in my little journal of discovery. I can use it to educate my children, who knows?

When I opened the book, a frightening drawing of a mask similar to the Joestar's occupied the first page with a large inscription: "THE CONSERVATION RULES". Followed by a list of things not to do.
« Rule no. 1: Don't touch the mask with your hands. »
Well, not surprisingly, it's a fragile and valuable object. It's normal to wear gloves when handling.
« Rule no. 2: Do not use the mask.
Rule no. 3: Do not leave it under the sun's rays.
Rule no. 4: Do not place in a damp place.
Rule no. 5: Do not put in water. »
The last mention was that it was not fragile but need to pay attention to scratches.
Now that I think about it, the mask is hung very high so that the light that passes through the windows does not touch it. And it's impossible to touch it at this height so no scratches risk.
But then why not lock it in a box?
Maybe they decided to hang it on the wall by paying homage to Mrs Joestar after all...
I turned the next page. This was the summary of the book. An old letter was wedged between the first and the second page, apparently addressed to Mr Joestar so I didn't pay attention to it.
The beginning was about the Aztec empire.
« Between the 12th and 16th centuries, an ancient Aztec ritual took place in Mexico, where a man wearing a Stone Mask sacrificed a young woman. The man's tribe tried to conquer the world with the help of the Stone Mask and its powers, before suddenly disappearing from history. »

After browsing the book and taking notes for three long hours I decided to face the facts: no other information about the stone mask and no reliable source on the effect it has on humans.
But I am sure of one thing: this mask is not just a mask. I do not believe 100% the writings of the book but I am sure that this mask hides something. Something absolutely surreal. And it would deserve a deeper study that I would like to participate in.
I lifted my head and faced the afternoon sun, dazzling the flowers of the garden. My mind returned to reality when I heard my name shouting. But it was impossible to recognize the low voice of the boy who was gradually getting closer.
I was so focused on the book that it was like I was coming back from another world.
An imposing shadow appeared before the sun. When my eyes got used to the shadow I immediately recognized this angel's face.

"JOJO!!!!!!!"

~1306 words

A/N:

Sorry I know this chapter is boring but you need to know how you are concerned with what will happened!Thanks for your reading and votes! See u later in the next chapter and stay safe! <3

Thanks for your reading and votes! See u later in the next chapter and stay safe! <3