CHAPTER XXI: [Bizarre plans]

A/N:
Hi guys, (if anyone's still here, lol) just to let you know I didn't stop the story. I went back to work and it's very complicated for me, between b#%ches coworker, boring patients, schedules and tiredness... But know that I'll continue and come back in two weeks! In the meantime enjoy this chapter and take care of yourself! :)

I was like a theater play. Except that the atmosphere was so heavy that I realized that it was real. My gaze scanned the room. Bone necklaces hung from the ceiling, tangled cords strewn the floor and it also smelled fishy. There were hundreds of bottles of different colors and textures lined up in a sort of old bar. On the other side of the room that gave me shivers, Dio and Jeanne stood beside a round table. An imposing book was in the center of the table, surrounded by many small objects such as jars, candles, padlocks, knitting needles, red vials, wax dolls and an hourglass. I didn't wonder what this room was for. What I saw with my own eyes, as well as the presence of this woman wanted by the police, confirmed that in this secret room some spells and other dark acts took place.
So it was true what they say about her, she's a witch. She hears voices that decry the future of people without even going through various acts of wizardry. And now she's with me and Dio. Why is he hiding her here? Is he using me to make it easier for him?
I approached them, cutting them off in their whispers.
"What are we doing here?" I said, caressing a strange fur wrap placed on the chair.
Dio glanced at the fake young woman and then she came out of the room by climbing the old wooden ladder. He waited for the hatch to close and then beckoned me to sit on the chair in front of the huge book. I sat in sigh. I was clearly nervous about all this. He went away for a few seconds and came back with an old, rather bizarre book. It wasn't big and the blanket was full of cogs.

I wanted to touch it, but before I could, He stopped my hand

"Keep your hands between your legs, will you? It's not just a book, don't touch it without knowing what it is first. And that goes for all the objects in this room, got it?"
I stared at him and crossed my arms. "Well, tell me what it is then?"
He paused for a few seconds and stood behind me, putting the book in front of me on the table. He bent slightly to bring his head closer to mine.
"Y/N, do you have an open mind?" He asked me in a serious tone.
I frowned. But he said nothing more. His question was simple and clear.
I nodded and turned my gaze to his face illuminated by the hot lights of dozens of candles placed on the table.
"Do you trust me?" He asked me.
His seriousness began to frighten me, he seemed to study me. I screamed inside me after imagining a scenario worthy of a love story. But I quickly returned to earth when I realized that it was Dio, who's far from being a gentleman...
"Yes, I trust you. After all, it's thanks to you that I didn't die in a fight against 17 little bastards... Since then you've had my trust even though we were just kids." I said, preferred not to say anything more because I was afraid to revive his terrible memories as a child.
"So you believe in me? He put his hand on my shoulder.
The more he asked questions, the more nervous I became. What was going on in his head? I nodded again. I don't know why these questions, but I must answer them sincerely.
He straightened up and went to sit on the chair beside me.
"It's a book of time. What is written inside corresponds to the events that will occur in the life of the one who opens the book."
I remained silent. I have seen some bizarre things in my life. Like the stone mask, for example. But at this moment, I was speechless. This allows Dio to continue his explanation.
"The person who wants to see it must make a sacrifice in exchange." He said.
"What... what kind of... sacrifice?"
"Lifetime. Exactly how many years doesn't matter. But it has to be over 10 years."
I looked intensely at the book. What could it do to see the future? To change it? To prepare for it mentally? Is it worth reducing your life expectancy to know your future, whether it's beautiful or not? It's a big dilemma to sacrifice 10 years of life. However, I don't understand why he showed me this book.
"And... why are you telling me about this book?" I asked.
His lips formed a smile and he took the book from my hands. "I'm not asking you if you want to do it." He said, putting the book in a wooden box. "I have better for you, mademoiselle." He pointed to a crystal ball.
I got up and joined him.
"If you agree, I'll ask Jeanne to see for you, through this ball. You will not have to sacrifice anything. Thanks to me, she's free so she owes me a lot of things. It's a unique gift that I offer you Y/N. Would you agree to see your future?"
I was surprised at his offer. But I couldn't help but want to put the pieces of the puzzle together.
"Then why did you tell me about the book, if I don't have to sacrifice my life with that crystal ball?" I asked him.
"I just wanted to test you. See a reaction. And you didn't disappoint me. So, you want to see or not?"
I shrugged my shoulders.
"Nothing ventured, nothing gained..." I said.
He stood up and called the witch. I pondered for a moment.
I should prepare myself for the worst or the best. I thought I'd have a relaxing weekend, but now I'm stressed...
She stood in front of the ball, murmuring incomprehensible phrases that gave me goose bumps. I even felt a strange sensation in my heart. When Dio saw me winking, he put his hand on my shoulder and winked at me.
"That's a normal feeling. Don't worry." He whispered and then walked away. After endless minutes Jeanne hands me a black sheet.
"Look through the ball, covering your head above with this. No one but you is allowed to see your future. The images scroll quickly, it's the downside of using this method." She said as she walked away, too.
I swallowed then took a deep breath before covering my head and crystal ball. It was dark. I saw some white cloud of smoke illuminated through the crystal. Then a pink star on a stone. I wasn't sure but it seemed to be a tomb. Impossible to read the name or the date. The sepia-coloured image dissipated, giving way to a sailing boat that was in the middle of a typhoon. The vision changed colour to red. Drops of blood-like rain flooded the streets of London. The people were dressed in black, black smoke overlooked the square of the city center. The sky was bright orange, almost red. It almost feels like the end of the world... The vision turned into a photo. A woman who looked strangely like me appeared. I quickly noticed the mole near the mouth. It was definitely me. I smiled on the picture. I had no wrinkles but I looked much older. Finally a positive point, I will not die young! Barely have relativized that I saw a baby in the arms of a man. I could not see his face because he was blurry. Bubbles of different colors burst in the reflection of the baby's dark eyes. Red, blue, green, purple, grey, white and golden. A blue sky appeared just after. Butterflies of the same colors as the bubbles flew everywhere. Then everything went out. My brain processed all the information one by one. I pulled out my head. Dio approached me slowly. I looked at him without emotion. My mind was elsewhere. There are a number of things I don't understand. There are some important things that present now that I haven't seen in my future.
"Good news?" He said with a smile.
"I don't know... I think so...?"
"You don't seem to be really sure."
"There are some things I don't understand. For exemple, I saw a-"
He put his index finger on my mouth. "Don't reveal your predilection, stupid girl."He said on a low voice. His finger slowly stroked my lower lip, his wharm eyes followed the movement.
Only about ten minutes ago I was angry with him. He only has to touch my body with his fingers that all the problems fly away... I know that he is aware of his terrible power of influence over me. I cannot blame him. There's so much about him since we got together that I feel like I don't know him well enough.
"I still don't know what you're doing secretly, boy." I said, hoping he'll finally tell me about this.
He hesitated for a moment and then stretched out his little finger.
"I'll tell you everything very soon." He said. This gesture reminded me of his mother's promise. His eyes only asked for an answer. And that was not the one I wanted to give him. But much more.