CHAPTER V: [Ghetto part 1]

You woke up the next morning with a broken butt and back, and a cold. You came out of the room discreetly. When you went down the stairs you heard a grunt. It was Mr Brando.

"What happened to the loot Dio brought?"

"I'm telling you he didn't bring anything Dario, when you're gonna figure out that it's not up to him to bring the money!"

Oh that's Mrs Brando's voice!

"And you think I'll believe you, you fucking bitch?! Admit it, you took the money, didn't you? DO YOU THINK I'M STUPID?!!"

A glass broke on the ground.

"No! No I didn't take anything, we... we're a family! What's the point of stealing?! And plus my own son!"

"Where is that jerk then?"

"He came out... I don't know..." Her tone seemed very anxious.

"Ho, then I have a moment to give you a correction, you whore!"

She burst into tears.

"Is it he who's hurting her?" You thought.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

"Dario Brando?"
Four policemen entered the house.

"Yeah that's me, what's that for?"

"You're under arrest for theft, please follow us calmly without rebellion at the risk of using the hard ways"

"Theft? I don't know what you're talking about, sir!"

"However, you have the proof around your finger. Please follow us immediately. I won't repeat myself."

Mrs Brando advanced toward him.
"W..Wait... there must be a mistake sir!" she said, tears in her eyes and a high voice. "How am I going to assume my child alone?!"

"HEY SHUT UP WOMAN!!! All you have to do is be a whore like you know how to do it!" The disgusting thief said.

"HUM... Your hands, Mr Brando."

"Tch, damn you!"
The police officer handcuffed him. Then the door closed.

A few minutes later, you heard someone go up the stairs, you quickly went to hide in the room.

"Y/N????"

Mrs. Brando opened the door.
"Oh, you're awake! Come and have breakfast with me. I have a very busy day. today is the big cleaning before spring!"

"Yes ma'am!"
You went to wash with the little water left in the barrel, and then you went down to join Mrs. Brando.

Y/N's POV:

"I have bread and orange marmalade left."

"Thank you!" I smiled to her.

This marmalade... was really the most delicious food I've tasted in my life. Nothing to do with the jam of my country.

I was eating like a pig and she laughed. I didn't have to pay attention to my manners and to be honest it feels sooooooo good!

"It's an English specialty, the marmalade contains the pieces of fruit, they are only citrus fruits. The texture is much less smooth than jam."

"I'll buy some before I go back to home!" you said, licking your fingers.

After breakfast

"Oh by the way. Here!" she handed me a paper and a pen.

"Write a letter to your parents to come and get you. I will forward it to the post office."