CHAPTER VIII: [Rainy Day In June]

June, 1875~

3 months passed...
After your disappearance, your parents had returned to Switzerland to report it.
The letter you sent unfortunately didn't reach your family in time when they were in Rochester. After learning of this news, you had to sent a final letter to them in your country. But the problem was, you couldn't afford it anymore, and it wasn't the Brandos who were gonna help you...

••••••••••••

You were sleeping peacefully in the little old room. The sound of the rain beating against the window made you gradually open your eyes.
From your fake bed, you saw the dark grey sky. You got up to look out from the window. Everything was gray, dark. It feels like winter, when the sun went down at snack time. It was not depressing since the view from your room was the courtyard of the castle. But here... it was the opposite. The atmosphere was heavy, lifeless and colorless. "I only have to remember the beginning of the spring spent in the flowering field... And to think that it's finally summer..." you sighed.
The cuckoo clock broke the sound of the rain, showing you that it was 9:30am.
"Guess it's time to start the day..."

After your -really really cold shower, you went back to your room. When you made the deal with Mrs Brando about living here, she asked you to stay in your room even when you were already awake.
But now that Dario is in prison, why not break the rules?
You opened the door of your room that creaked, while being suspicious. There was no noise. The corridor was dark. You went down the stairs discreetly, like a cat on the lookout. There was no one there. So you decided to make your own breakfast. You opened all the kitchen cupboard in search of food.
Well, they were empty.
There wasn't even a crust of bread left inside. The spider that was walking between the two doors must also be looking for something to eat... You weren't used to seeing that yet. The large table filled with hot and delicious meals... so many that we no longer knew which meals were present...
"Maybe Mrs Brando came out...?" You thought, with your rabid belly.
You went upstairs, convinced she would never leave you alone in the house. You slowly opened the first door to your right, there was a large bed with clothes scattered on the floor. Probably the parents' room.
But still no one.
You closed the door. You stopped when you heard a snoring.
You followed the sound. The door was much more damaged than the others, marked with stripes and black spots. As if it were used as an ashtray. It wasn't the disgusting snoring of the father's ogre.
You looked in the hole of the lock. Just seeing a curtain flying because of the force of the wind, you opened the door.
Then you stopped.
It was weird.
The atmosphere was strangely improved when you discovered that soothed face, that relaxed body.
Dio was sleeping peacefully. His hair was messy and his mouth wide open.
The north wind that was attacking the curtains made you come down to earth. "Maybe I should close the window? His room might be flooded and he might be sick..."
You went to close the window as quietly as possible...
But you felt eyes on you. When you turned around you saw your dear friend with blond hair looking at you with an open eye and his body... well, was getting fresh air.
"What are you doing in MY room, you witch?"
"Huh?!" You hid your eyes behind your hands. "Uuuuhhmm I was looking for someone uh ... your mom but there was no one downstairs so-so I came..."
"Came to my room to see me naked? You dirty pervert"
Panicked you threw a book at him that was on his nightstand.
"NO SHUT UP! YOU HAD YOUR BLANKET BEFORE I WALKED INTO YOUR ROOM! I COULDN'T KNOW! I came to close your window, you idiot, I hope you get sick, here you go!!!"
"That'll teach me to be nice to a little prick!" you thought, coming out of his room.

After half an hour of searching you found some bread and Mrs Brando's good marmalade.
Hardly having eaten in the bread, you heard Dio go down the stairs in an... extravagant way... like he was.
"See, you found something to eat alone, grumpy"
"And then it started again..." 
During your very late breakfast between you two, there was silence. He stared at you at times but you didn't pay attention to his provocation.
Since you've been living at his house, it seems like it was important for him to tease you, even when you wanted to ignore him because he went too far (like when he locked you in that filthy damn closet with the rest of a dead bird when you were playing hide-and-seek, he was supposed to find you but he had nothing better to do than scare you...) he did everything to get your attention and piss you off. So you decided to ignore him this time. Whatever he did and whatever he said.
"What were you doing last night?"
...
"Your hair is messy you really look like a witch"
...
he put his foot on the table. With his insolent attitude.
"Ohoooh?! Don't tell me that at your age you do this...?!"
...
"No. Impossible, who would want a witch like you."
"Hearing his voice, he must surely lose patience..."

"Yooo~! Go brush your hair! It cuts my appetite to see your face~!" he said, swinging his other foot.

"Ignore him ignore him ignore him" you repeated, before getting up to get rid.
You went up to your room to get ready for today. When you brushed your hair, you decided to make a braid.
But after multiple efforts, you gave up.
"The nanny used to do it all the time, but she never could teach me how to do it because she didn't have enough time... Gosh..." 
You opted for something simple. Two locks attached to the back of your head, letting your curls bounce off your little shoulders.
After that, it was time to do your morning pee.
Dio was still eating.
"It's much better like that."
You still ignore him but you let a smile.
When you left the bathroom he was gone. "Well, I'll take care of my laundry while waiting..."
When you entered your room Dio was lying. ON YOUR BED. WITH HIS SHOES. ARMS CROSSED BEHIND HIS HEAD.
"GET OUT OF MY BED YOU BUM!" You yelled.
"Hey hey you're very rude woman"
"I don't care you come into my room without permission, you pervert!"
"We're same now" he said, shrugging his shoulders and smiling.
Then he looked at the blanket. Well, HIS blanket. He pointed at it, frowning.
"Why are you s-sleeping with.. my baby blanket?"
"Ask your mother..."
You looked up to him.
He was blushing with a mean look. But he looked away.
"Huh! Nevermind dumbass!" He went to the door.
"Uhm..?" He turned to you. "Sorry" His quickly said.
You raised your eyebrows. Surprised.
"I'm used to you regretting looking for a fight with me"
"I never said I regretted my insults, you're crazy."
"I'm tired of you..." you thought sighing.
He came forward to face you. His brown eyes lit up by the light passing through the window. They were scrupulously examining your curls hugging your neck.
"I don't regret saying those bad things to you.." he stared at your hair.
"if it's to see that in exchange..." He said, while touching a strand of your hair.
You smiled at his cheeky compliment.
"Uh- th thank you but... you didn't have to insult me just for that... For once in my life I can finally come down and enjoy breakfast without having to spend five hours doing my hair first. I'm human, you know. I need to relax. I'm tired of doing things because it's in the « good manners book ». If I have to-"
"I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE!" He shouted with face of disgust.

••••••••••••

After you had put away your clean and dry things. You put them in your little suitcase. You took care to place some solid laundry at the bottom. In order to keep the sublime smell of wisteria.
You went downstairs to see Dio. Mrs. Brando has been absent for three hours.
"Dio?"
He was reading a book about... witchcraft..?
"No"
"Dear"
"No"
"Dio the big bad bodey"
"Stop pissing me off, you piece of shit!"
"Seriously, where's Mrs Brando?"
"I don't know this person."
What.
"Your mom?"
"I don't know she probably went to the flea market. It's today."

"I was thinking... when I call his mother by her marital name he totally avoids any discussion with me. But I don't know what's the first name of this lady... He really hates his father so much that he doesn't want his mother to be called Mrs Brando?"

TO BE CONTINUED
~1530words

A/N:
Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation😎 The next chapter will upset the story 🤭🤭🤭
🌟