CHAPTER IX: [Her name was Rose 🥀]

Your thoughts were interrupted by a huge hubbub that came from outside. Horse and cries were heard from the living room. You and Dio looked at the front door. Waiting for the noisy passers-by to leave.
But they were not passers-by.
Dio got up suddenly, rushing to the window. When you saw his eyes and mouth wide open, you approached to see what was happening.
But he pushed you violently before you could see what the source of all this agitation was.
"YOU HAVE TO LEAVE!! HURRY!!" he exclaimed.
You stumbled on a chair. Without having time to cry in pain, he grabbed you by the hand, forcing you to get up.
You both started running down the stairs.
He helds your hand harder, opening the attic with his other hand.
You squinted because of the horrible dust attacking your black pupils.
"Argh... What's going on Dio?!"
He pushed you up to the old wooden ladder.
"Climb up and HIDE! Don't go out until I've come for you. It's a matter of life or death. And if you get out of here, YOU'LL DIE."
This is all he told you before closing the attic.
You found yourself alone in the dark.
Not knowing what was going on or what was around you in that complete darkness.
You lie down like a fetus, clogging your ears and closing your eyes.
Fear. You were just scared. So frightened that shivers ran through your body. You were in the unknown. You had never noticed that the Brandos had an attic.
Suddenly, you heard familiar voices arguing that came from the living room.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Transition, in the living room
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The front door snapped open against the wall.
It was Mrs. Brando.
She ran into the house looking for something.
Suddenly, a suitcase passed through the living room from the entrance to the house, followed by heavy steps and a grunt.
"Are you trying to hide in MY house?!" His ogre voice echoed throughout the house.
Dario took off his coat and dropped it to the ground.
"COME AND WELCOME ME, WOMAN! Your husband dropped his coat!"
He took a step into the living room, sniffing with his red ogre nose.

"It's not like that... IT'S NOT LIKE THAAAT! YOU WHORE, WHY AREN'T YOU AS WELL EDUCATED AS THE OTHER DOGS??!!" He kicked the table, knocking it over.

A sob was heard from the broom closet.
He began to laugh with open throat.
"You know me so well, darling... Ok, ok, ok, well. I'll give you a moment. I'll ask the neighbor. If you lied to me, be sure you'll be punished for it."
Dario picked up his coat. And went out.

A few seconds later Dio went down the stairs.
"Mom?"
He heard the familiar cries of his mother.
He approached the broom closet, gently placing his hands on the door.
"Mom...open..."
No answer.
"What is the motive, this time?"
"He... he wanted to be released from prison earlier... He asked me to pay the deposit but I couldn't..." She paused. "I didn't manage to put my dignity aside... I can't smear your mother's honor by doing... these things... Just to get him out of jail. I can't... I don't want to be this kind of mom for you.."
He put his ear against the door, listening to his mother crying again.
"Why is he free then?!" He exclaimed.
"The man... Mr Joestar testified this morning... he told the police that he had given him the ring and that Dario had not robbed him..." She sniffed, then took a deep breath.
"Where is Y/N?"
"She's hidden"
"Tell her to come, Dio"
"W..Why?! If he comes back and sees her, he'll kill you!"
"Please, I have to give her something. It's too dangerous for her. Go ahead, Dio."
"... Okay..."

•••••••••••••••
Y/N's POV
•••••••••••••••

After a silence, I heard the sound of the ladder creaking. Then I got up.
Dio appeared, his eyes red and swollen.
Is he... crying?
He was quiet and weird... I've never seen him like this... I don't dare ask him a second time what was going on. I don't even dare talk to him.
I followed him to the living room.
"There she is." He says, eyes on the door of the shabby closet.
I didn't understand the situation until I heard Ms. Brando's inaudible and broken voice on the other side of the door.
"Y/N?"
"Y... Yes?"
"Can you give me a paper and a pen?"
I grabbed what she asked and slipped it into the hole at the bottom of the door.

Dio was always silent, his eyes were lowered to the ground. It was very distressing to see him like this.
A few seconds later, I saw a piece of paper slip under the door. I crouched down to pick it up.
"Go to this address. This family will take you in. I'm not firing you, but I think you figured out it was too dangerous for you to stay here with us... I... I don't think we'll ever see each other again, but I'm so glad I met you I promise they'll find your parents."
"May I say goodbye?" I said, with a sad voice.
"I... I'm sorry Y/N, Dio. I don't want you to see me like this... I'll even scare the devil..." She escaped a false laugh.
Clogs slamming on the asphalt were heard.

He's coming...

"Dio, go with her, there's no point in staying with me. Run away with her."
"NO WAY!"
He stopped, realizing that he had no time to convince his mother.
He runs to get my stuff, leaving me down, sad, to go away forever.
But even in the rush, I wanted to know who this woman was.
Who was this nice woman who took such good care of me?
Who was that woman who fed me, housed me, and learned me so much things as if I were her daughter?
"What... What's your name?" I questioned her, my body ready to go but my mind lost.
Dio came back with my little suitcase.
"Rose. My name is Rose."
"Goodbye Rose, thank you for everything"
Those were my last words to her.
Dio opened the door to the garden.
"We leave"
"Goodbye, Y/N" says Rose, her voice muffled by the noises of Dario who was dangerously approaching the house with a bottle of alcohol in his hand and an axe in the other.
You ran, as soon as possible following Dio.
As soon as you came out, you heard shrill cries.
You knew.
You knew what this big shit bag was doing to her.
Without seeing him, you knew that Rose was suffering.
Why did he do these things to her?
And why did you flee?
You wanted to help her. But what were you going to do with your little hands?
That's ridiculous. He doesn't have the same strength as little thugs like Kenny. If not, Dio would have taken care of him.
You have empathy. You are powerless. You don't know where you are going. You have no home.

Dario put his nerves on his wife's neck. God only knows what he was going to do with the axe.

After running in the rain that fell on London, Dio let you ride in a carriage.
You were soaking wet.
But you noticed that look. It was filled with a wave of feelings. Of hatred. Of fear. Of sadness. Of stress.
It was obvious that Dio was not going to obey his mother who was now on the train to the freedom that death would give her.
He closed the carriage door.
With your belly hurt because of the anxiety and bright eyes, you watched him make a good decision: to go back with his mother, no matter what happened to her.
You want to say one last word to him. But he did it before you:
"Goodbye, take care of yourself."
You couldn't hold back your tears.
He was running away.
"I hope to see you soon!" You cried to him, desperately.
Your view was blurry, his silhouette was lost in the London crowd.
You can't stop yourself from crying all the tears of your body. Even more so than when you lost your parents.
You lost a real friend this time. A person with a strong character to whom you have strongly attached yourself.
You are not sure of the reciprocity. But from the way he behaved, he became accustomed to your sweet presence, to your teasing, to you scent which encompassed the room where you spent your nights.
You were someone to him.
And now that you are separated, all you have to do is pray to see him one day.
To be with him forever. The lack was new to you. At your age, we are far from being prepared to leave someone we love.
You have to deal with it. And tell yourself that you will see him again one day. Even if you have to wait until you are old enough to travel alone. You made the promise to yourself.

~1522 words

-END OF 'Kids in Love' ARC-

A/N:
OHAYIO KONO GAKI GA! ❤️
First of all, thank you a thousand times I didn't think the book was going to hit that many readers! Thanks for the 500 views and thanks again for the votes and your funny comments! 😆
Secondly, the rest of the story will be centered on Phantom Blood with your Big Blonde Boy. So get ready because we won't be playing hide-and-seek anymore! Sooooooooo, If there are children here (idon'tthink) please take the train to other more moderate stories obrigado!
Para terminar, take care of yourself guys, only 173 days left and we'll be done with this shitty year! Yay!