CHAPTER X: [Kono JoJo Da!]

Wiltshire, British Empire 1875~

The rain had subsided when you left London

During the long carriage ride, all you did was cry, until you were tired.
The carriage driver woke you an hour later. As you descended from the carriage, the spring wind gradually dried your wet cheeks. Your poor eyes were swollen and red. You were still in the gas of sleep.
Seeing the driver put the suitcase at your feet, you remembered your abandoned friend Dio...
The pain and the urge to cry came up.
You tried so hard not to cry like a baby. You are safe from his father now. You took your suitcase and walked to the big mansion lit by the starry sky.
•••••••••••••
Y/N's POV
•••••••••••••
"Rose didn't tell me it was a rich family... Well, I'm not going to complain about it. I couldn't bear to be in the middle of a money problem again."
Everything was quiet, unlike Ogre Street. Only the cricket song and the trees dancing to the wind were heard.
I approached the fountain at the entrance of the big mansion. When I saw my reflection in the water, I couldn't not smile.
He's right, I really look like a witch. How ugly I am.
Lucky my mom's not here to see this, she probably would have scolded me. Especially since they are a rich family, potential money for Dad. It would've bothered me before, but now I don't give a damn about it. I'm filled with grief and I'm traumatized so if it bothers them to see me like this, I'd rather go back to Dio's house and get hit by his father than stay here and force me to be a nice, polite girl...
I sighed.

Suddenly, the big double door of the mansion opened.
I turned my head towards the Victorian style residence.
A mustached man with blue hair appeared, with what appears to be his servants.
They approached me. I pressed my suitcase which was just as dusty as me against my chest, indicating them to stay at a good distance.
Great. The same kind of family as mine. Getting nervous and annoyed at the same time, I stepped back with an angry glare.
The mustached man bent over to my height with a smile on his face.
"You're Y/N, right?" he said, touching one of my locks of hair to remove a spider web.
How does he know my name...? He already knew I was coming?
"Nice to meet you, I'm Mr Joestar. I heard from Mrs Brando that you were the missing little girl of the Raki family. Will you come in and tell me more about it?" he turned his head towards a servant. "Prepare a room and towels for this child, I will contact Mr Raki." The servant agreed to do so.

Joestar... Joestar.... JOE. STAR.
So that's him. The famous Joestar. Rose had certainly considered sending me home.
I heard her say that they had saved the life of a baby and Mr. Joestar in an accident. Since then, they had remained on good terms.
But something bothers me... if this man hadn't come to testify this morning to free Dario... she'd probably still be alive...
Mh... no. Maybe she's better off where she is. She did everything to help her son. And she welcomed me. She protected me. She made sure I was safe even when she left us.
May God open the gates of Paradise to this woman!
I followed Mr Joestar.
The doors open to a great hall with a recognizable chessboard-pattern tiling from which one set of stairs leads to the upper levels. The mansion is luxuriously decorated with carpets and sets of weapons and suits of armor. But the most distinctive decoration is a beautiful Statue of the Goddess of Love in the main hall.