🍃Thirty-Eight🍃

"I don't see a reason not to." I told him. Because really there wasn't. In the beginning I would most definitely not change David's name but times changed he Rey had matured. So why not.

The night was slowly coming to an end and I had two things to do. One give back Rey the cheque and two go by Alex.

"Rey also tell your father this gift was very thoughtful but I can't accept." I said giving him the cheque that was neatly folded in my bag.

"Ok." He said opening what I just placed in his hand. His eyes widened and then he sighed as if he knew something like this would have happened.

I'm starting to think Rey's a person that lives off of a trust fund. Why because I never seen him talk about or go to work. And he and his sisters all spoil David. I think I need a new and bigger toy crate for David along with a closet.

"By the way where do you work. Or what do you do for work?" I asked him as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"I don't exactly work. My father owns a business that he said he'd give to me when he's ready. I just help out every now and then." He said to me keeping his eyes on the road.

"I have another question. Why did you have a wanted person report?" I asked remembering when I first saw him at the hotel.

"That's the year I left Spain. He hates me because am my mother's child." He said like if it was like nothing.

"Still doesn't really explain that but ok family drama." I said shrugging sinking back into my seat.  "Drop me by Alex's place before you bring us home." I said remembering as we passed the turning to his housing scheme.

"Thank you, I won't be long." I said stepping out of the car. David had fallen asleep as soon as we left the restaurant. It was a nice idea to take us out and have that discussion because I honestly forgot.

I opened the door and walked in the house. The door wasn't closed and if it was I knew where the spear key was. Yara was in the kitchen scrolling on her laptop eating cereal and didn't notice me coming in.

"Hey!"I said because she still hadn't noticed me.

"Grace how can you do that." She said after jumping.

"I came to see my god baby." I said mentioning with my hands for her to get up.

"Where are you coming from dressed like that to this time?" She said looking at my attire.

"I had a date with some cute guy named Imagination." I told her sitting down.

She rolled her eyes at me and continued eating.

"What do you want?"

"A daughter of course."

"No sense will be getting a son." Alex said out of nowhere.

"A girl!" We both yelled at Alex. I for one have too many males in my family I need some females.

"boy," He said in bearly a whisper. "Where are you coming from?"

"Rey took me and David out and asked to change his last name." I said to him.

"Rey?" Yara asked me.

"Blake sorry. Blake took us out." I said correcting myself.

"Where's David?" Alex asked me.

"Sleeping in the back of the car." I told them.

"Why don't you guys just stay the night?" He asked me.

"Can't. Monday when I took David to Summer class at my church Ali-anna asked for us to come Sunday. Plus I didn't drive here."

"Ali-anna as in the Ali-anna that your brother 'likes'".

"Same one." I said going through their fridge.

"She's also going to be David's teacher. And I haven't done back to school shopping yet." I said eating a cold piece of jerk chicken I found.

"Let Malik bring him to school on the first day." He said giving me a mischievous look.

"No, he can bring him on the second day. But I've been hear for almost 30 minutes and Blake is waiting."

"Bye Yara take care of my Godbaby." I said going to the door.

"Bye." She told me back.

"No bye for me?" Alex said putting his hand over his heart to show hurt.

"Bye Alex." I said hugging him then going through the door and back to the car.

Rey and David were now asleep. Both their mouths were opened up to flies. I don't have many pictures of them together and why not take this to add to list.

I sent the picture to Alex's phone and he responded back with like father like son.

"Rey. Rey. Rey!" I said shaking his shoulder and calling him three times before getting a response.

"Are you stopping off anywhere else?" He asked starting back the car.

"Only to my house." I asked straping back my seat belt.

He nodded and drove me and David home. 

"Why don't you let me keep David?" He asked when I took off David's seat belt.

"Can't his Summer class and Class 5 teacher invited us to church on Sunday. You can get him after wards. You could also take him to do back to school shopping. I already have a school bag and lunch kit for him." I said finally getting the seat belt off without waking him up.

"Ok. Am I to pick him up here or at your church." He asked me.

"I don't know yet. I'll text you." I told him closing the door. "Goodnight." I said walking away from the car.

Rey's POV

I watched Grace walk into her house before driving away. Then I also remembered the cheque she returned to me. Driving back to my house I took the cheque out of my pocket and kept it in my house.

"Papi Grace is returning this." I said handing him back then cheque.

"Why's that?" He asked staring at the piece of paper.

"Papi why couldn't you just have minus some of the zeros." I know my father feels the need to do this to anyone that one of his children had done to them. And they either returned it or kept it for themselves.

"I don't see why she would return it." He said taking the cheque from my hands.

"Papi she didn't say I caused her any troubles, so there wasn't any need to do that." I told him.

"It's the thought that counts. At least she isn't money hungry." He said sipping his coffee. Who drinks coffee at this hour.

"She owns her own hotel. She's well off and never told me that I was a trouble for the year I've known her."

"She seems like a nice woman. When will you be changing the child's last name though?" He asked me ignoring my complainants.

"I asked her she said shell get the paper work sorted out soon." I told him.

"By the way Rosa is coming down in three days time. She's eager to meet her grandson and daughter's boyfriend." He said looking at me.

I knew they were seeing each other but  didn't know they were that serious.

Merry Christmas to you all hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you for the 9k+ reads, love and appreciate you all. Also while editing a few chapters I realized I changed the twins. 😁 oopsie daisy. But this won't affect the story Alexandra will now be the girly one and Alejandra will be the Tom boyish one. But Alexandra will still be dating Leonardo.