🍃Twenty-Seven🍃

↑↑
Tyreke Chambers

When I landed on the ground I was more than overjoyed. My original plan was to wait a day after my parents arrived here but, things don't always go as planned. I waited by the front of the airport for my cousin to pick me up.

I hadn't seen him in... probably three years. My aunt adopted him when she found out she couldn't have children. He was about seven at the time. So he's six years older than Malik. I continued doing something on my phone while leaning on my suitcase.

"Grace?" A voice called out to me. I looked around trying to find where the voice came from no luck. Then the voice called out to me again sounding much closer.

I looked up and in front of me stood my big cousin. His tan looking skin, with grey curly hair. His height was like 6ft flat, his eyes were brown. He wore a plad shirt with a grey tee-shirt underneath. Some black jeans and black sneakers.

"Tyreke?" I asked him he nodded, we gave each other a quick hug. Then we walked out of the airport talking about somethings that happen in our lives.

He lived in Panama City, so his house a lot away from the airport I used. I butt was getting sore from all this sitting. My eyes we're also getting druppy, I was fighting the sleep that wanted to consume me.

"You should get some sleep, there's like an hour left before we reach my house." Tyreke said to me. I nodded and my eyes began to close. I woke up in a soft couch, in a condo. It was all beige, from where I sat I could see the kitchen. It had wooden cupboards, white granite counter tops. It had an island table with brown barstools.

There was a door nearby it I assumed was te bathroom. The living room had a white Center table with grey couches and white cushions. I didn't move from my spot because I didn't know which door was which. After a few minutes of observing the beautiful place Tyreke finally walked into my view.

"I see you're awake. Follow me lemme so you to your room." He said to me, I got up taking off my shoes which were still on my feet. My legs felt numb for unknown reasons.

"This is a beautiful room," I said in awe as I examined every inch of it. I'm starting to assume every room in this house had some trace of grey. The bed sheets and pillows were a mixture of grey and white. There was a white lamp on the bedside table. A closet on the side of the room and opposite to it was a book stand. The walls were plain and simple. To the front of the room next to the door was a vanity/ dresser. It had little to nothing on it. It was made from Ashwood.

"My room is the room across from this one, if you need anything call." He said and closed the door behind him. As I started unpacking my phone started ringing. I looked at the screen of my phone to see the the person calling on video call.

"Mommy, where are you?" I see David on the phone.

"I'm with grandma. Is everything okay?" I tried looking around him to see if anyone was with him, but saw no one. It was almost 11 pm and tomorrow is Tuesday he needs to be in bed.

"I want to go home." He said fussing about with the phone.

"I'll be home soon, and then we can go out. Where Daddy?" I asked him because I'm still wondering why he isn't in bed.

"Downstairs." He said rubbing his eye.

"Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"I want you to put me to bed." He was yarning as if there was no tomorrow.

"Do you want me to stay on the phone with you until you fall asleep?" He nodded. He was getting miserable due to his lack of sleep. "Whose room are you in?"  I asked him,he told me he was in Rey's.

"Okay get under the covers and I'll read you a story." He followed instructions, while tried to remember a story. I told him the story of Winnie the Pooh. What I could remember of it.

Thirty long minutes later he was finally asleep. I waited a few more minutes before hanging up the call to make him sleep in peace while I finished packing. I took out the clothes I was planning to wear to the hospital tomorrow and put the rest either in the closet or the dresser.

I'm concerned about the time when David goes to bed on the school nights he's there. I had nothing better to do so I spent the rest of the time in the room on my phone.