🍃Fifteen🍃

↑↑
•Antonio Lopez

Rey's POV

Flashback✿

*When Rey was 5*

Getting off the bus like any other 5 year old would, excited to go home after a long day at school. Getting of the bus was the best feeling to be home. Mama had promised we'd go out for ice cream or something sweet when I came home. The house was silent which was strange.

I didn't see mama in the kitchen, or the living room, but the front door was open. I checked in the laundry room and she wasn't there. I looked all over the house except for the room which father told me specifically not to enter.

Since I couldn't find her, I went back downstairs where I saw the house phone on the TV stand. I dialed in his number, the first time it went straight to voice mail. Getting fustrated I dialed again. He finally answered the phone reliving my 5 year old self.

At that time I barley knew a word of English, because I was living in Italy. "Papà dov'è la mamma?" (Daddy where is mommy?) I said still looking through the door of the other rooms in the house. He said she should be home or out on the road and probably will be back soon.

At the time I didn't know what a gunshot sounded like, but a gun was fired. The noise came from the master bedroom. My father was yelling in the phone for me to go hide somewhere, but at that time I was awfully curious. I walked up to the door which was slightly ajar. There was a man. In front of my mother he had one hand over her mouth to muffle her screams, and in his other a gun was held to my mother's head.

I didn't hear the front door open, but I felt a hand on my shoulder pushing me back but I stood my ground looking through the creak of the door. A bullet was released and the man who was in front of my mother fell to the ground. I turned to see where the the bullet came from. I saw my father, who ran over to my mother, making sure she was okay. She was limp on the bed, but my father said she still had a pulse and he picked her up and grabbed me carrying us both out of the house to a hospital.

Never in my life had I seen so much blood. The guy that held my mother to gun point was dead, but I didn't see any bullet wound on my mother. She just had blood. I was worried about my mother she spent almost 3 months in the hospital. When she came out she was peeing in a bag that was on her stomach. Which was weird. Me being me would poke the bag when ever I got the chance which ended up with my hand being slapped away.

The year later on the night of my birthday, she collapsed. I didn't know what happened to her. Her eyes were wide open but she wasn't moving. Her chest wasn't going up and down, she wasn't blinking. My dad came in the kitchen and saw me shaking her to wake up. Her blonde hair was scattered over her face from me shaking her. My dad picked me up and used his hand to close my mother's eyes with a sad smile on his face.

The next thing I know is that I was seated at the front row in a church at a funeral with my mother in front of me in a casket. She looked like she was asleep and would wake up at any moment. But I knew she wouldn't be waking up at all.

✿End of Flashback✿

I

jolted awake with sweat pouring down my body. Probably due to the fact that I have a heavy blanket covering with, or because of my small nightmare. I threw off the sheet off my body and walked over to my bathroom. On the way to the bathroom I passed a picture that was on the dresser that had my mother. A small smile made its way on my face, I whispered ti amo mama.

Grace's POV

The day after the twins left, I tried calling them but the calls kept declining. Was I seriously that annoying or something, I kept asking my self. Today was also the day when Rey left. The cup that the twins handed to me was no in my right hand like it was some coffee, while in my left hand I was holding David's.

I have no clue how blood is supposed to be kept so the sooner I get over with this the better. I contacted my doctor and she told me that I could come in tomorrow at 5pm.

So here I am, today at 5,with a cup of blood in my hand. I already told her my way of getting it. She shrugged it off like I was expected to do some crazy anytime any where.

Dr. Rose told me that there was more saliva than blood in the cup. So she'd be using the cotton swab way for the test. It was better for the three of us to be honest. David would throw a fit before you would get a needle in his hand, that's my child. She put the swab in his  mouth for like 30 seconds and removed it.

She told me the results would be in by next week, because other people were here before me. I mentally rolled my eyes. Once I left David and I decided we deserved some chocolate icecream.

Once I got the results I wasn't planning on opening them. Sounds dumb I know right. I would give it to one of the twins to mail it to their brother, in which ever country he could be. If it comes out negative I will add an apology letter with it just in case.

I do what am doing for my little boy. He's gonna need both parents in his life not one.