🍃Thirty-Six🍃

I awkwardly made my way into the house because it would be rude to just walk away and leave. The three men walked ahead of me into the living room, while David ran off trying to find where he last put his device.

I waited on him to come back down because we both were going to sit down and talk with them, not just me. While they walked ahead of me,  I looked down to the ground where they walked. All the men were wearing khaki shorts in different shades. There was something odd about the brother's leg. When I looked at it properly I realized it was a prosthetic leg.

David finally came down and I took him to join the rest of his family in the living room. He whispered in my ear when I picked him up. "Mommy who are they?" he said the pointing to the men.

"That's your uncle and grandpa," I whispered back to him.

"But I already have a uncle and grandpa,"

"Just like how Malik is my brother and he is your uncle. Tonio over there is your uncle cause he is daddy's brother."

"so I have two uncles and 2 grandpas?"

"Yes, now we are going to go meet them." I whispered back to him and he nodded.

When we sat down David looked at his new uncle and came back to whisper in my ear.

"What's wrong with his other foot?" The only thing was that wasn't a whisper.

"My leg is cut off." Tonio responded to him, he looked like he gave as much trouble ad a four year old.

"His leg got cut off!" He said whispering/ yelled in my ear again.

"He cam hear you," I told him so he would come out of my ears.

"What cut your leg off.  A bear? Pirates?" And if your leg cut off how come you still have two?."

"An alligator ate it." Then Tonio started taking off the prosthetic leg.

"Mommy he took off his leg! Ask him how he did that an tell him put it back on." he said yet again. Doing the opposite of whispering in my ear.

"You do it."

"No. I ask you to ask him."

"You can't whisper!" Tonio said from where he was sitting.

"Yes I can. You're shouting."  David said to him stopping him from intervening with his whispers to mommy.

Antonio got up from where he was seated and went somewhere in the house. David slid out of my lap.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To the bathroom." He said walking in the direction where I dont recall any bathroom being.

It was awkward for a while, but then we started talking. Tonio seemed nice I guess but acted a bit childish. When Tonio was ready to excuse himself to check in with his father his leg wasn't where he left it.

And David was yet to return from the bathroom. This child. After five minutes of searching for him. I was searching for him and I didn't even know the house like that. There was a storage closet below the stairs and I heard movement and a voice talking to itself.

When I opened the door his hands went behind his back hiding whatever he was doing.

"Give me what's in your hand." he handed me a sock like piece of cloth. I didn't know what to do with it so I just put it back on the leg. "Go carry it back to your uncle and say sorry for taking it."

Nodding he took it back to him. Dragging the leg as he walked. "Here's your foot back. Sorry for taking it." he said looking back at me to make sure if I heard.