🍃Forty-Four🍃

A month had gone by and I was yet to meet Isabella. I did see a few pictures of her but that's it. David had told me that grace will go to bed early on a Thursday so I could sneak in to meet her if I wanted. At first, which was two weeks ago. I said no and it was crazy, but I reconsidered it. And I actually agreed on doing it.

By 8pm I was outside of David's window knocking softly. Eventually he got up from wherever he had been in the room and opened the window.

There was a crib in one corner of the room surrounded by toys and someone sleeping in it. When I had walked over to the crib and looked down in it, she moved. And opened her mouth to cry but David quickly shoved the dummy that was close by into her mouth. I reached in the crib to take her up but she only started crying and the dummy wasn't working.

The door handle then started moving. "David didn't I tell you to stop turning the knobs in the doors. Come open this now." Grace said from behind the door.

"Go under the bed or in the closet or bathroom." David whisper yelled to me. There was a small bathroom connected to the room so I went in there to hide, because I couldn't let Grace see me now. She'd most likely think I broke in. "It's open." David said when I was fully hidden.

"Stop turning the knobs, especially on this door." Grace said to him before moving towards Bella.

"Ok." David said going over to his bed.

"Did you brush your teeth?" Grace asked while checking the diaper of the crying baby.

"Maybe," He said, drawing his covers.

"Maybe my bahind. Go brush your teeth." Grace said to him while taking the diaper off the baby. "Where's the rash cream?" Grace asked approaching the bathroom.

"In her draw." David said when he saw her by the door.

Five minutes later Grace changed the baby and was back out of the room.

"Bella. This is Daddy. Don't cry or you'll get us in trouble." David said, taking her out of the crib.

●●●

Grace's POV

I woke up to 10 and looked over at the monitor I had in the children's room. My main focus was on Bella, whose crib was empty. I heard her little baby babbling through the monitor. She and David were with someone in the room because both their beds were empty and were over but the chair in the room was with someone.

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and looked back at the monitor and saw the same thing. Who was with my children?! Getting up from the comfort and warmth of my bed, I silently made my way to the bedroom door. I slowly turned the handle but then someone was gone and David was fake sleeping while holding Bella.

"Get up, you're coming to my room." I said shaking David even though he wasn't asleep.

I glanced over to Isabella as she stared at the bathroom door way, speaking in her baby language. "Who's in there love?" I asked her. She looked at me and started her baby language, I could have sworn she said something like dada. "Who?" I asked her again and she gave me the same response.

"Dada?" I asked her, she got excited in my arms bouncing up and down. "Let's go look for dada." I said to her carrying us over to the bathroom. It seemed the way it always was.

I heard a small squeak of the shower tiles, so I moved the curtain and saw Rey behind it. After Bella had unoccupied herself with the hair accessories in my hair, she turned around and clapped her hands.

"Why are you here?" I asked stepping back from shower, so he could come out.

"I got lost." Rey said stepping out and walking out the bathroom.

"Very funny. Why are you here? And how did you get in?"

"Well I came to see Isabella, and David let me in through the window. How did you know I was here?" He asked, still playing around.

"If you're sneaking around you probably shouldn't do it when a baby monitor is in the room. Let's go in the living room."

"Have I proved myself enough that I can see Bella now?" Rey said, putting his hands into his pockets. I stayed silent. "Will I be able to spend time with her too? What more do I have to do so you can believe I'm not going anywhere? And even if I leave it'll be for the better of my children."

"You are free to see your children Rey. But whatever was between us in the past is in the past and it will stay that way."

"I'll pick them both up tomorrow afternoon, and carry them back to you on Monday night." Rey said walking away from the living room to the door.

Bella started crying as she watched him leave. "You'll see Dada again tomorrow." I whispered to her.

Once I got Bella to bed and checked on David, the house was quiet and gave me time to think.

After I had finally got comfy with him, and looking to seek a relationship with him he just left. Him leaving me didn't really matter for me, he left David. Even though David had forgiven him, I still hadn't. Over the month he had been trying very hard for me to just let him hold his daughter, but I refused. If he's supposed to leave again Bella would be hurt just like how David was. To me I think it's better to save her from that heartbreak, even if it meant her not knowing her father.

But if I did it would make me a bad parent, which I'm not trying to be. At the moment only negative thoughts came to mind.

●●●
Friday afternoon came and it was time to send Bella with David. This would be the longest we've ever spent apart from when she was born.

When Rey came for her I remembered I had a doctors appointment with her on Sunday at 4pm with her ENT specialist.

Sunday came by and he didn't bring her over nor did he answer my calls not was he at his house. Where did Rey go with my babies?!