T H I R T Y - T H R E E

Zephyr 

The hand that wrapped around my throat unlatched the tie that was around my neck, momentarily distracting me from Serenity's forlorn howling. 

"Stop moving" the voice hissed at me "The more you move, the longer it's going to take to get rid of the blood enchantment." 

"What do you mean blood enchantment?" I hissed "It doesn't work unless you're..." 

"Blessed by a God." The small mousy man finished before showing me his wrist "Yeah I know." 

A small indiscernible lightening bolt stood out against his pale skin. If I didn't know what I was looking for, I would have mistaken it for a birthmark. 

Another Howl sounded that crushed my heart and I looked over to see my Princess has shifted back into her Wolf. 

With one last howl, I watched her run out of this retched town. 

The man released me from my constraints and when he made a move to back away, I grabbed him by the arms and threw him into my chair, quickly restraining him like I was restrained. 

He winced when I tightened the restraints tighter than they were on me. 

"Who are you?" I barked at him "And why does my girlfriend think that I'm dead?" 

"Nyctimus" he said "And because to her, you are dead." 

"What?" 

"Zeus' enchantment gave me the power of illusions after what my father... did to me... all those years ago. It was his way to protect me in case something like that happened again." 

I looked at him in a moment of confusion before something clicked in my head. 

"You're Lycaon's son? The one he fed to Zeus" I swore "I should have know Arcadia sounded familiar." 

"You couldn't have known" Nyctimus said softly "The people of Arcadia were so ashamed to call Lycaon their King that they made sure every piece of history involving him was erased." 

"But I'm different, my parents taught me about this" I shook my head "Why are you working with the man that killed, cooked, and fed you to someone?" 

"He's my father" he said softly "I don't know anyone else down here besides him." 

"So you rather work for a monster than be alone?" I asked "You rather do his bidding like and evil minion?" 

"You...just don't understand" he looked down at his hands "You wouldn't understand." 

"You're right, I wouldn't understand" I said in frustration "But make me understand one thing. What does the blood enchantment have to do with me? What does any of this have to do with us?"