T H I R T Y - T W O

SIN

I snapped my head up in horror and found Lycaon grinning at me.

"So the girl does have a weakness" he nodded towards the bowl "And it so happens to be him."

The mousy man unveiled another plate and I cried out as my anguish increased ten-fold. 

It was Zephyr's head. 

His beautiful eyeless face stared back at me, his mouth gaping wide open. 

"What did you do to him!" I cried out, my voice cracking in pain.

"It's pretty obvious with what I did with him."

"Why?" I croaked out, my eyes looking everywhere but the head and plate in front of me. 

"I needed to give you some motivation." 

"Motivation for what?" 

"I need the key" he took a bite of his soup "To finally get out of this hellhole." 

"I don't have any key!" I cried out in frustration "We don't have any key!" 

"I knew he didn't have the key" Lycaon nodded to Zephyr's head "But I wonder if you do." 

I snarled in frustration, trying to break free of my constraints. 

"Killing him did nothing for you" I growled "Even if I did have a key, there's no way I'd give you shit now!" 

I spat at him and he just shrugged. 

"Maybe, maybe not" he shrugged "But then, his death would have been for nothing." 

"HIS DEATH WAS FOR NOTHING!" I growled, my Wolf rising to the surface "HE WAS INNOCENT IN THIS!" 

I can't tell you what happened next because I just...snapped.

My Wolf took over completely and I didn't have enough energy or want to rein her in and stop her.

His eyes widened in surprise and he jumped back when I tried to lunge at him. 

"YOU'RE A WOLF?" He asked, alarm in his voice "HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? HE SAID NOTHING ABOUT YOU BEING A WOLF!" 

I snarled, and lunged for him again aiming for his throat. 

With a flick of his wrist, he managed to throw me against the opposite side of the room.