T W E N T Y - S E V E N

SIN

"Here's the last of you things" Persephone handed me a water resistant backpack, her face knitted in worry. 

"Thank you" I said, slipping the backpack on before glancing at Zephyr "Are we ready to go?" 

He nodded, his face grim "It's time." 

"One last thing" Hades said, appearing from thin air "You're going to need this." 

"What is it?" I asked as he handed both Zephyr and I pieces of old parchment. 

I opened it and was surprised to find a map of the Underworld.

"You look surprised." Hades commented smugly. 

"I am." 

"Why?" 

I raised an eyebrow "Considering how secretive you've been with this whole mission, I'm surprised to find that I get a map too." 

"You've proven yourself these last couple of weeks" Hades shrugged "I was sure you would break during your first week here." 

I scowled at him and Persephone elbowed his side. 

"I hate you." I said in annoyance. 

Hades snorted "You're not the first and you won't be the last."

"Anyways!" Persephone pointed to a location on my map and it lit up "This is your starting destination."

I squinted at the map, pulling it closer to my face "Did it just glow?" 

She nodded enthusiastically "And it gives you an general overview of the area if you just press and hold down on the place you want to see."

"Cool" I said, pocketing the map "Anything else I should know?" 

"I packed some food and healing herbs in you pack that should last about a week" She added "Make sure you gather some more in the different areas you come across." 

I nodded and Zephyr guided me towards the boat. 

"Remember, be weary of your surroundings" Hades said, looking straight at Zephyr "Just because they were defeated once doesn't mean they've disappeared completely." 

"What the Hell does that mean!" I barked at him, standing up on the boat. 

"Nothing" Zephyr said, rowing the boat "He's just trying to freak you out." 

I scowled "I really do hate him." 

Zephyr smiled "I know." 

☠~☠~☠~☠~☠~☠~☠~☠

Hades 

"Do you think they're going to make it back home?" 

I looked at my wife, noting the anxiety in her voice and the fear in her eyes. 

"I don't know" I said honestly, frowning at my uncertainty "Zephyr loves the girl and it's obvious that the girl loves Zephyr..." 

"Then why are we sending them on this mission? My wife interrupted me, her tone desperate "We can bring them back. We can fix this. Hades, we can't send them out there if-" 

"There's nothing we can do" I sighed "We can only hope that the Blood Moon doesn't destroy them completely." 

~~~~~~~

WOLFIES, 

SHORT, I KNOW BUT TRUST ME, THE NEXT THREE CHAPTERS ARE GOING TO BE EXTRA LENGTHY!

DO YOU THINK THE BLOOD MOON IS LIKE THE WOLF MOON? OR NAH? 

COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR MOON!