O N E

Serenity  

I stood against my locker with my two twin best friends, and cousins, flanking my sides, yawning as the human boy stood in front of me yelling, cursing, and spewing nonsense. 

AJ looked at me, her face scrunching in concern, while a smirking EJ texted on his phone.

"And this is why no one wants to date you" the boy sneered, his face changing from bright red to a deep purple color "You're a cold, heartless bit..." 

Before he could finish his sentence, EJ quickly tucked his phone in his uniform pocket and grabbed the front of the boy's neatly ironed uniform 

"Tsk Tsk Ronald" EJ shook his head "Didn't your mother ever teach you that name calling is bad? Especially towards girls?"

The boy swallowed 

"EJ, let him go" I sighed as I ran a hand through my dark brown hair  "He's not worth the headache" 

EJ released the snooty rich kid and returned to his original spot at my side 

I took a step toward the boy and he flinched when I reached out to fix his wrinkled sweater vest 

"Your absolutely right" I smiled brightly "I am cold and heartless on top of the many other things your little pea brain is saying about me right now" 

He paled 

"However, one thing you're wrong about is the fact that people actually think they have the chance at dating me" I pulled his tie up higher and he choked a little "So sorry that you and all the other little boys around here aren't man enough for me"

I patted his cheek hard and walked away. 

AJ and EJ were at my sides immediately  

AJ rubbed her temples "Do you always have to humiliate them whenever they ask you out? Can't you just say no like a regular person?" 

"Where's the fun in that Sis" EJ nudged his sister "Besides, Preppy had it coming. He's been talking about fooling around with Sin ever since they became lab partners" 

I groaned

 "Can we please stop talking about him? We're already late as it is and if we aren't home in the next five minutes, our parents are going to kill us" 

"Since when are you worried about deadlines?" EJ smirked "I thought you showed up whenever you pleased?"

"Yeah well, when your dad threatens to take away your truck, you learn pretty fast to not test his patience"  

EJ snickered 

"Are you guys going to the ball tonight?"