S E V E N T E E N

Sin

Zephyr looked at Kore in surprise "What are you doing here?" 

"The bastard summoned us all" Cerberus dry voice called from behind Kore "For some unknown, but no doubt, boring reason" 

Kore stiffened, an unknown emotion passing quickly across her face before I could decipher it. 

"He called you too?" she asked in a wary tone. 

Cerberus gave her a mocking grin "Why wouldn't he? I am his first born after all" 

"Yes" she bit her lip "But after your last assignment, I figured..." 

"That I would screw up again?" Cerberus spat, his eyes darkening with rage. 

"Yes" Zephyr said, pushing both me and Kore forward "That's exactly what we figured." 

Cerberus lips raised in a snarl "Watch your tongue or I'll..." 

"You'll what?" a booming voice sounded from behind me, startling the bejesus out of me "Please enlighten us on your methods of torture and how you plan to use them." 

Snapping his mouth shut, Cerberus glared at both Zephyr and Hades. 

I followed behind Zephyr quietly, wondering how big this announcement was that led Hades to summon the four of us together. 

Cerberus sat on one of the chairs in front of the desk, leisurely throwing his feet up on the shiny surface. Kore sat on the edge of the desk, her thigh touching Hades arm as he leaned forward. 

Zephyr dragged the empty desk chair next to Cerberus to where we were standing against the wall and motioned for me to sit down. 

I raised an eyebrow and Cerberus snorted from behind us.  

"I know you're all wondering why I summoned you here" Hades began but was then interrupted by Cerberus loud scoff. 

"Really? I just thought that you wanted to be a father for once and have a mundane conversation with his family." 

Hades eyes flashed crimson and Zephyr tensed. 

"Either hold your tongue or I'll hold it for you" Hades growled. 

Cerberus muttered something under his breath but otherwise, remained quiet. 

"Anyways" he lock eyes with me "I think it's time you knew why we brought you here." 

I sat up straighter in my seat, holding my breath as he continued to talk.