F O R T Y - S E V E N

Sin ☄️

"A Blood Moon?" Zephyr questioned "What's the Blood Moon?"

"Some semi-centennial event that my family celebrates as being chosen for the Guardians of the Gate." 

"And it's called the Blood Moon?" he shivered "That name would freak anyone out."

"I know" I said softly "But that's not what's worrying me." 

"Something's bothering you more than just the Gate or Key, Princess" he said softly, soothing the skin at my hipbone "What's really bothering you?" 

"Those monsters kept telling me that I had the key" I said softly "Why would all three of these monsters claim that I had the key? The girl that doesn't know where up is down in this hellhole?" 

"Maybe they were just asking in general?" he answered, scowling "Since I was apparently useless and incapacitated in every situation that forced you to fight alone." 

"No" I shook my head "It's like they kept you away from me for a purpose." 

He sat up straighter, gazing at my face in a calculating manner "You're...right." 

 "The more I think about it, the more things don't add up" I turned in his lap, facing him "Think about it Zee, Why are we really here?" 

I held up my hand "And don't give me the generic 'Hades needs something' answer because we both know Hades doesn't have a problem with taking things that aren't his." 

Zephyr gazed at me but I knew he wasn't really looking at me. 

He was thinking about something, indecision flickering in his gaze more often than not. 

Finally, his gaze turned steely with resolve and his pretty eyes locked with mine. 

I leaned down and touched my forehead with his, making sure that our gazes never broke as I did so "Nothing you could tell me would ever change my feelings for you." 

"It might" he croaked, tangling his fingers into my hair and tugging slightly "And I just can't have you looking at me with hate." 

"I didn't hate you when you brought me here" I reminded him, kissing the corner of his mouth "Even when you took me away from my family." 

"You weren't exactly the most welcoming person either" he whispered "If I'm not mistaken, you did threaten my manhood a couple of times." 

I smiled softly but it faded quickly "Zephyr does this secret of yours have to do with our Bond?" 

He stiffened like a board "What?"