T H E F I N A L E I I I

PART III

☄️SIN☄️

I howled once more before running towards the forest, drawing Cerberus and his cronies away from the escaping women and children. 

I made sure I was as loud as possible, crunching on as many leaves and twigs as I could, sprinting faster when I felt a malicious presence right on my heels. 

"You can run little shifter" Lycaon's excited voice rang out "But you cannot hide from us." 

My wolf push our legs faster and we soon entered a wide clearing where the trees were on fire, essentially blocking my path to continue onward. 

As quick as we could my wolf darted to the left and gained speed, tearing apart one of Lycaon's ghastly creatures as he tried to block my path. 

I spat out his deformed arm and, when I was sure that no one was following me, I shifted into my human form and climbed a tree. 

When I was on a strong and steady enough branch, I jumped from tree to tree and continued my trek up east. 

A angry roar sounded from ahead and I paused, listening to see if those creatures caught my trail. 

Before I could jump on the next branch, a whip wrapped itself around my leg and pulled me from the tree. 

Before I could fall from the twelve foot tree and injury myself, I twisted midair and shifted into my Wolf. 

I snarled and ripped the silk web whip off of my foot, keeping my eyes on Arachne as I did. 

"Clever girl" she croaked "But not clever enough." 

Before I could lunge and kill her, again, I felt an excruciating pain slither up my spine. 

It was so bad that it forced me to involuntarily shift back into my Human form. 

A shadow fell over me as I panted on the ground, I groaned as I managed to lift my head and see the source of my pain. 

It was no surprised when I met the disapproving gaze of Cerberus, whose eyes were blazing Cobalt blue, an angry slash across his face. 

"Now buttercup" he tsked "Is that anyway to treat the brother-in-law who's just trying to help you?" 

I spat at his feet and the pain on my spine tightened further. 

"Ungrateful little bitch" he spat at me, his eyes sparking in anger "Get up." 

I snarled at him, and as much as I tried, I just couldn't shift.