Chapter 17

Y/N's POV.

After I woke up, I saw Clementine rolling up her sleeping bag and gathered as much of the food from last night and stuffed it into my bag.

Vanessa was still tied to a tree when she fell asleep when I later woke her up.

After a little while, we got up and decided to bring Vanessa back to her group, but the thing is, I don't trust her one bit.

Clementine: Is this really necessary?

We were walking through the forest with Vanessa up front and me and Clementine behind her.

Y/N: Of course it is.

I had my gun aimed at Vanessa just in case she did something while we were behind her.

Clementine: You know she can't do anything, right?

Y/N: I know that.

Clementine: Then why are you doing this in the first place?

Y/N: If we get ambushed, we got a hostage, plain and simple.

Clementine: Were you always like this? Before we met?

Vanessa: Are you two together or something? Cause you sound like it.

Clementine blushed as she looks away.

Y/N: Shut the fuck up or I'll fucking put a bullet in your brain.

Vanessa: Okay, fine. Jesus, just asking.

Y/N: If your group attacks us, I'm taking you down with me.

Vanessa: Look, I know you're being careful. But my group is a friendly bunch. They aren't really the type to just go out of their way to kill other people who they don't know.

Y/N: Still, I don't trust you one bit.

Vanessa: Let's just get there, I'm worried about them, you know.

Y/N: What should they be worried about? People messing with them?

Vanessa: Yeah, there is this group of bandits that have been spying on us for the past week, I'm worried they attacked them already.

Y/N: I may not know you, nor trust you, but I think your group can handle a group of bandits.

Vanessa: I hope so.

After a about an hour of walking with Vanessa, we make it near the camp.

I smell something in the wind, a weird and all too familiar scent.

Y/N: Something's wrong here.

Clementine: Yeah, I feel it too.

Y/N: Keep your eyes open.

Vanessa: Can you two at least cut these off so I can at least defend myself?

Y/N: Fine.

I take out my knife and cut her bindings off.

Y/N: Give that back later. You do something I don't like, you get a bullet to the head. ya got me?

She nods. I give her my knife as we continue cautiously walking towards her camp.

Y/N: I have a bad feeling about this.

Vanessa: Goddammit, Noooo!

Clementine: Vanessa, what's wrong?

She starts running away from us.