Chapter 24

3rd Person POV.

After the walkers were dealt with and the hunting party helped out, they all regrouped.

Clementine had to help a kid named Aasim who got grabbed by a walker.

Aasim: Thanks.

Clementine nods.

Marlon: Alright, alright. Fun's over. Let's get inside. I'm fuckin' starving.

Clementine: You're not the only one.

The group walks back to the school.

Marlon: How'd it go out there?

Aasim: How do you think it went?

Brody: Be nice, Aasim.

Aasim: The safe zone's nearly dry. I could barely find enough for tonight. We're gonna have to scout out further if we want food for the winter.

Marlon: We'll talk about it later.

Aasim: Bullshit! We gotta talk about this right now.

Aasim says as he gets in front of Marlon. Marlon bumps his shoulder as he passes by.

Marlon: I said later, damn it.

Louis walks up next to Clementine.

Louis: Still standing I see, i'd call that a B-plus performance there, Vi. You've done better.

Violet flips him off.

Violet: Fuck off.

Louis holds his chest and pretends to be hurt.

Louis: B-minus then. Now Clem here, that was a solid A, A-plus even.

Louis nudges Violet.

Louis: Don't be jealous, Vi. Be better.

Clementine: Y/N used to do this grading thing with AJ whenever Y/N taught him something and he did it. Always made the little guy happy.

Louis: I can tell he's good with kids.

Clementine: You kicked ass though, Violet. A-plus.

Violet: I know.

Louis: You're both delusional.

Marlon whistles over to Rosie as she makes it over to him and enters the school. The rest of the group follow.

The group enters the courtyard and AJ runs up to Clementine.

AJ: They're pretty good. With the monsters.

Marlon: Come on, y'all. Food's nearly-

Marlon puts a hand on AJ's shoulder and AJ quickly elbows him in the crotch as Marlon doubles over in pain.

Clementine: AJ!

AJ runs off.

Marlon: Shit...... Kid packs a goddamn wallop, huh?

Clementine: Yeah... You can't really walk up behind him, he's got a..... thing about that. Y/N learned that the hard way.

Marlon recovers.

Marlon: Look, he can't go around punching people in the.... You know.... And expect them to eat at the same table.

Clementine looks at AJ who was looking at her nervously before looking away.