Chapter 19

3 Years Later.
Y/N's POV.

It has been three years, or at least, for me, ever since we got AJ out of Mccaroll ranch. Three years of being on the road, just the three of us.

We ran into this dead man who was killed on the side of the road. There was a pair of glasses next to his face with one side of it broken. The guy's stomach was ripped apart by walkers but he was able to pull the trigger on his head before he got killed and turned from what we saw since there was a bullethole in the side of his head and a gun in his hand.

Clementine told me he knew him but decided not to tell me when we stopped by and checked on the man. She told me that he was russian, and they had some history.

Clementine taught me how to drive during these past three years. It went by slow but later on, I got the hang of it. Clementine told me that a man named Kenny taught her to drive.

A few weeks ago, me and Clementine taught AJ how to shoot. We agreed that he needs to know how so he could defend himself when we can't.

AJ has been doing well with his aim. All he needs is the confidence to pull the trigger. All he needs to shoot is just walkers so it won't be that hard, would it? All needs to know is to always aim for the head.

We found a small shed a few days ago. luckily, it had two cans of fuel in it. There were two walkers inside, probably the people who owned them, or at least, that's what we thought.

Right now, I'm driving the car and Clementine is asleep in the passenger seat with her head on the window and AJ at the back wide awake looking at the trees passing by as we drove down the road.

Y/N: What do you see, AJ? Something new?

AJ: Nothing, just trees.

Y/N: There's been nothing but trees for the past hour, i wonder if we can find another one of those sheds we found the fuel in.

AJ: Yeah, I wanna find something cool.

Y/N: That shed we found was something we needed, we were running out of fumes.

AJ gets up from his seat and kneels on his seat to see more outside.

Y/N: I wish you could've seen what the world was like before the walkers came, you would've loved it.

AJ: Maybe, Clem was talking about this Disco Broccoli show when she was little, is that what this toy's name is?

He says gesturing to his Disco Broccoli toy in his hand we found in that shed.

Y/N: Yeah, that's Disco Broccoli all right. I never really watched the show but I heard it was good.

AJ: Did you like it before it all went like this?

I frowned as I remembered what my family did to me when I was little. Well, mostly my dad. I always had this feeling that something felt different when I was around my mom..... Almost feels like she isn't my real mom.

Y/N: I'm not really sure, buddy. Part of me wants to go back so I can show you all of it. Part of me doesn't because if it did, I would never have met such amazing people through these years.

AJ: What?

Y/N: I think it's best you don't know.

AJ: Fine.

AJ sits back down and crosses his arms.

AJ: Are other people bad? We don't really meet other people, is it because they're bad, Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah, AJ. Some people out there are really bad, but there are good ones out there too. Like the man Clem was with before, Lee. And Kenny too.

AJ: Clem said Kenny was the guy who took care of me before she took us into Wellington.

Y/N: Me and Clem met with this man named Javier, all he wanted to do was to keep his family safe.

AJ: And did he?

Y/N: Well, his nephew, niece, and brother died. All he has left is the people at Richmond and his sister-in-law, Kate.

AJ: Sister-in-la?

Y/N: Law. It means that when you marry someone, they're brother becomes your brother-in-law.

AJ: Ohh okay.

Y/N: She also told me about this guy named Luke. He was like a big brother to her.

AJ: You mean, there are bad and good people?

Y/N: Yeah, those good people help others, bad people hurt other people.

AJ: Are you guys bad?

Y/N: I.. Uh- Why do you say ask that?

AJ: Because, you two have hurt other people before too. Does that mean, you're bad?

Y/N: I'm... not sure if I can answer that buddy.

AJ: Oh, is it because I'm asking too much?

Y/N: No, no. It's just, it's a hard question to answer. Some questions just have to be left unanswered.

AJ: Okay.

I'm not sure if I should tell him that I'm a bad person or I should lie. He's a kid, I shouldn't lie to him, but then again, I was a really bad person a few years ago. I guess being an asshole runs in the family.

AJ: Is Clem really tired?

Y/N: Yeah, she's been driving for awhile and I think I should let her sleep. And between you and me, she's really short.

AJ chuckles and I hear Clem moving in her sleep.

Clementine: I can hear you, you know? Wait till we stop and I'll slap you.

Y/N: What? It's true!

Clementine: I'll hit you for that one.

Y/N: Okay, okay, fine. I'll stop.

Clementine: Good.

Y/N: Shorty.

Clementine: Say that one more time.....

She says sternly.

Y/N: Alright, I'll stop for now.

Clementine: Do you mean it?

Y/N: You're scary when you're mad.

Clementine: Then don't get me mad, then.

I hear AJ laugh in the backseat.

Y/N: Don't get her mad, her bark is worse than her bite.

Clementine: Are you saying I don't hit you hard enough?

Y/N: Uhh, nothing.

Clementine: I will actually hit you.

Y/N: Alright, I admit, your hits hurt a lot.

Clementine: Thought so.

A/N: That's gonna be it for the Mccaroll ranch arc. Next chapter is gonna dive right into the start of episode 1 in season 4.