Chapter 9

Y/N's POV.

After a long drive towards Richmond, we snuck our way in while being led by David and Max who knew the way.

David and Javi were leading the way while Tripp and Conrad were behind them.

At the back was Max who was still tied up with me and Clem in front of him.

Clementine: So, you guys are going to get Eleanor then find a place to hold up to wait for Javi and David?

Y/N: Well, yeah. This is a stealth mission so I'm gonna have to split from Tripp and Conrad for now.

Clementine: Smart play.

Y/N: You're gonna look for Aj or whatever was your kid's name?

Clementine: Aj. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I got a few more friends here in the New Frontier.

Y/N: You better do.

David and Javi soon stop behind an old toll booth next to some crates that were next to a concrete barrier.

David: Alright, here's the plan. Max and I will go and rally some of the New Frontier to overtake Joan. Javi will go find Kate and Gabe while Tripp and Conrad will look for Eleanor. You guys will take them to the house down the block, with the crow.

Javi: On it.

Tripp: Roger that.

Y/N: where do I go?

David: You'll be with Clementine, can't be bunched up in this situation.

Y/N: Fine then.

Tripp: Remember what I said about the fighting. If I see another cut or bruise on one of you and one of you did it, you'll get more than that, you got me?

Clementine: We're not gonna fight.

Conrad: We'll see about that one.

David: Max, let's go.

Max: On it, David.

The two went off leaving the five of us.

I went over and joined Conrad and Tripp as Javi and Clementine were talking.

While I was crouching next to them, I felt the cut on my cheek. I then hiss in pain.

Y/N: Ahh.

Tripp: You gonna be alright?

Y/N: Yeah, just gotta get used to it.

Conrad: it'll get easier.

Tripp: Ahh, young love.

Y/N: What?

Tripp: Nothing.

I looked at him curiously until Clementine taps my shoulder.

Clementine: Ready?

Y/N: Yeah.

Javi: Remember to regroup with us at David's house. You know the way, right Clem?

Clementine: I think. I'll just ask for directions if I see a familiar and friendly face around here.

Javi: Stay safe you two.

Y/N: Don't worry. We'll be alright.

The two of us then sneak away through some crates and behind a concrete barrier.

Clementine: I'll need to look for Lingard first.

Y/N: Who's Lingard?

Clementine: One of or if not the only doctor they have here besides Eleanor.

Y/N: damn.

We see two guards in front is us as we split. Clem hides behind some crates while I hide behind a concrete barrier.

I peek over slightly and see those two guards walk past us.

I quietly whistled over to Clem and nodded at her as we continued going to where this Lingard is.

Timeskip

After hiding from a few guards and almost getting caught, we made it to their hospital.

We creeped through the dark corridors which were surprisingly unguarded.

Clementine: Here.

Clem stopped at a certain door which was labeled as "Infirmary"

She slowly opens the door and looks around for a bit before going inside as I followed her in.

Clementine: Oh come on.

I close the door as she stands up and places her hands on her hips.

Y/N: What is it?

I then looked at the direction she was facing and saw a guy in a lab coat passed out on a chair at the end of the room.

Y/N: Passed out like a damn bear.

Clementine: Ugh, now what?

Y/N: Might as well look around.

She then walked over to the right side of the room where the drawers and cabinets were.

I then see a chair with a cushion attached to it which makes chairs comfortable.

I then walked over to it and sat down. The cushion was so soft, it made me tired after not sleeping for a whole night.

I then yawned as I looked over at Clementine.

Y/N: Imma take a nap, holla at me if you need anything.

Clementine: Probably won't but okay.

Y/N: Ouch. I then pretended to be hurt by placing my hand on my chest.

Clementine: Get some sleep, it will take awhile for Lingard to wake up anyway.

Y/N: Aight.

I then closed my eyes and relaxed until I drifted off to sleep.