Chapter 21

3rd Person POV.

Clementine starts to wake up in a room unknown to her. She opens and closes her eyes a few times before thinking of where AJ and Y/N were.

Clementine: AJ!

She shoots up and is immediately stopped by something holding back her hand.

She looks at her left hand and sees duct tape holding it in place. She slowly peels is off and sits on the edge of the bed.

Clementine: What is this place?

She looks at the dresser next to her and sees a first aid kit with some bloody cotton balls next to it.

She slowly stands up and looks at the first aid kit closely. She reaches for the bandage covering her wound and flinches when she feels pain coming from it.

She opens the drawer and takes out a scrapbook. She opens it to see pictures of kids. There was one where there were two twin redhead girls with a blonde girl.

She closes it and puts it back. She walks over to the door and tries opening it but it's locked.

Clementine: Locked. I need to find a way to open this door.

She walks over to a cabinet and looks at the top shelf and sees a box on the top. She tries reaching for it but she was too short.

She sighs. She looks behind her and sees a chair. She went over to it and pushed it towards the shelf. She gets on top of the chair and takes the box.

She gets down the chair and puts the box on the dresser and opens it. She takes out a palette knife.

Clementine: This should do.

She makes it back to the door and opens it using her knife. She walks out into a hallway. The walls were either full of graffiti, scratches and torn off paint or was overgrown with vines.

Clementine: I need to find AJ and Y/N, if they really are here.

She walks down the hallway and was about to turn right but the door ahead opened. She starts jogging back the way she came. She hides behind a trophy case.

A kid walks up to the door she was in and sees that it is open. He peaks inside and looks for Clementine. Clementine decided that if they helped her, she might as well make sure she doesn't get on their bad side.

She stands up from where she was hiding.

Clementine: I'm right here.

The kid gasps and puts his hands up.

???: How about you drop that knife off yours.

She looks at the person in the shadows who's aiming their bow at her.

???: We're not gonna hurt you, we got your boy, He's safe.

She then thinks of Y/N.

Clementine: The guy I was with, where is he?

???: Drop the knife and i'll explain everything. You drop it, I lower mine.

She hesitates at first before she drops it on the floor next to her feet.

Clementine: Your turn.

The guy lowered his bow and put the arrow back in his holster on his back and hung his bow on his back as well.

???: See? We're not gonna hurt you.

He walks out of the shadows. The kid slowly gets behind him.