Chapter 22

3rd Person POV.

Clementine and Marlon walk out the dorms and into the courtyard. Clementine looks around the courtyard and sees the rest of the kids who reside in Ericson's.

Marlon: How long have you guys been out there?

Clementine: The three of us have been on the road for a long time, been through some awful shit.

Marlon: I'm surprised the three of you made it this far, out in the wild, especially kids our age and your kid's age. What was your friend's name?

Clementine: Y/N. He hasn't told me much but all he told me is that his family was full of assholes.

Marlon: The guy's stubborn, i'll tell you that. He must have done a lot for you two.

Clementine: He did. He risked his life way too many times for us. Sometimes he can do some really dumb shit that almost got us killed but he was able to make up for it.

The two start walking in the courtyard.

Marlon: Y/N didn't even hesitate when he told us to run. We wanted to bring him with us but all he did was tell us to leave with you two. I didn't know what we would've done if we didn't hear an explosion.

Clementine stops walking when a kid with some missing teeth stares at her weirdly.

Marlon: It was hard enough to pull you two out of the car while Y/N had to hold them off with a swollen leg.

Clementine: I appreciate it.

She looks at the kid

Clementine: Uh, hi there?

Marlon turns around and sees the two. The kid then runs past her just as Marlon approaches her.

Clementine: What's his problem?

Marlon: You're just new, we haven't seen anything like you since, ever.

Clementine: What is this place?

Marlon: As you can tell, this used to be a school. Now it's, whatever we want it to be. Allow me to make it formal.

Marlon turns around with one of his arms out.

Marlon: Welcome to Ericson's Boarding School For Troubled Youth. You three both fit that description.

Clementine: Well, only Y/N.

Marlon: No doubt about him, you, I'm not sure. But your kid seems to act otherwise.

Clementine: Excuse me?

Marlon: Let's just say he hasn't been acting well without you or Y/N around.

The kid from earlier shouts at Marlon.

Kid: Marlon! We got walkers on the fence.

Marlon: Dammit, I need to take care of this.

He starts walking away from Clementine and towards the makeshift tower. He then turns around and walks backwards towards it.

Marlon: Knowing Willy it's probably two grandma walkers and an angry squirrel. He should be with Louis.

Clementine: Louis?

Marlon: Yeah, right, just follow the music, that's how you'll find him.

She nods. Clementine makes her way over to the admin building. She goes through the door.

Clementine: Just follow the music, check.

The listens for the music Marlon was talking about. She hears some piano music coming from her right so she walks down the hallway to the right.

An angry redhead then came around the corner.

Redhead: Ah, You little motherfucker!

The redhead sees Clementine.

Redhead: Hey!

She starts walking towards Clementine.

Redhead: 'bout time you woke up, your little boy just bit me!

She shows the bite mark.

Redhead: He's lucky I didn't put a boot to his head. Ahhh, it hurts to fierce!

Clementine: I'm so sorry, he normally doesn't act like that around us.

Redhead: You better teach that boy some manners.

She angrily walks past her as Clementine continues to follow the music. She goes into the room where the redhead came from. Inside she sees AJ listening to another boy with dreads playing the piano. Clementine leans her head on the door frame. AJ turns around and sees her.

AJ: Clem!

AJ and Clementine run towards each other and hugged.

AJ: You're okay!

They pull away from the hug and Clementine checks to see if AJ was hurt anywhere on his body.

AJ: I thought you were....

Clementine: I'm fine, kiddo. And I know what you are...

AJ: What?

Clementine: Ticklish!

Clementine then starts tickling AJ. She stops after awhile.

Clementine: But, AJ listen to me. That lady said you bit her, is that true?

AJ crosses his arms and turns away from Clementine slightly.

Clementine: Answer me, AJ.

AJ: I mean to, she snuck up on me.

Clementine: Still, no more bites.

AJ: No more bites.

AJ notices Y/N's absence.

AJ: Umm, Clem? Where's Y/N?

Clementine sighs.

Clementine: He's still out there kiddo. He stayed behind.

AJ: Why? We should come back for him.

Dreadhead: No can do, little man.

The dreadhead stops playing the piano and turns to face us.

Dreadhead: I think it's better you two stay here for a few days. That crash might have attracted a lot of walkers.

AJ: But Clem knows how to fight a lot of monsters, right?

Clementine: Yeah AJ, but it's way too dangerous. And besides, Y/N might be looking for us right now. We'll just have to hope that he's still out there, okay?

AJ: Okay...

Clementine's Thoughts: I really hope he's all right. I wouldn't forgive myself if he wasn't.

A/N: I wanted to post two chapters tonight but I'm too lazy to finish chapter 23 so i'll finish it in the next 12 hours.