Chapter 28

Third Person POV

Clementine: Y/N?!

Y/N looks at the two sitting against the log. He looks at AJ and gets down on one knee that was not injured. AJ looks up slowly to look at Y/N.

AJ: Y/N?

Y/N: I'm here, buddy.

Y/N caresses his cheek before AJ closes his eyes to try and numb the pain like he taught him.

Y/N: What happened out there? Who did this to him?

Clementine: Some raiders who were trying to kidnap the kids I was with.

Y/N: Speaking of kids, I thought that dread head kid and the mullet kid brought you to their community or home or something?

Clementine: We got kicked out.

Y/N: Do you want to tell me?

Clementine: Maybe later.

Y/N: Whenever you think is best.

Y/N stands back up and goes over to James.

Y/N: James found me leaning against our toppled over car not able to walk, I thought I was dead for sure. But then something loud went off in the distance and most of the walkers went towards its direction. I was able to kill the last ones before James comes up to me in his walker mask. He brought me here later and patched me up. At least my leg's doing better.

James: You still shouldn't be standing or moving around.

Y/N: Can't stop me.

AJ then groans

Clementine: Does it hurt?

AJ: Hungry.

James reaches into his pocket and takes out an apple. He hands it to Clementine.

James: Eat. Both of you.

Y/N: You guys can have it, I don't feel like eating tonight.

Clementine takes the apple with worry of Y/N.

Clementine: Thanks.

She breaks it into two halves. The bigger half given to AJ.

Y/N: What else do you two know about these......raiders?

Clementine: All I know is that they steal kids. They took two last year.

Y/N puts his hands on his hips and looks down and shakes his head.

James: That's a common practice for them. They're at war, up north. Their entire community, against another. It's why they take people. To make them fight. Train them, use them. You would join their war.

Clementine: That's horrible.

James: Yes. That's why I helped you.

Clementine: Thank you.

A walker growls nearby.

AJ: Clem? Y/N?

Clementine gets up and draws her knife, ready to kill the walker. James grabs her hand and takes out a rock.

James: Wait. Throw it. Distract him. Works just as well, and nobody gets hurt. Not us. Not him.

Clementine looks at Y/N and he nods at her. She takes the rock and throws it at a tree and it makes a loud thud.