Chapter 29

Third Person POV
The Next Day

Y/N: Clem...... Clementine?

Clementine wakes up to Y/N shaking her shoulder while kneeling down on one knee in front of her.

Y/N: Time to go, AJ might not have much time.

Clementine looks to her side to see James making sure AJ is still good for travel. James looks at Y/N and Clementine.

James: We gotta move.

Y/N helps Clementine up and they get ready for the walk to the school.

Later......

Y/N: Clementine....... for the last time, let me carry AJ.

Clementine was carrying AJ for the whole walk. James was leading the way while Y/N was slightly limping because of his swollen leg from the crash a few days ago.

James stops by a small bridge that led to the snare traps nearby the school.

James: Is he awake?

Clementine: Yeah. He's so hot.

James: I can carry him. You're exhausted.

Clementine: No, I've got him.

AJ: Hurts.

Y/N: Hang on buddy, we're gonna get you some help.

The four later reached the school which were greeted by Willy on top of the tower in a very hostile matter.

Willy: Walker!

Willy fires an arrow at James' feet. James recoils back as Y/N slightly flinches.

Y/N: Ay! Friendly Fire!

Willy: Violet! Louis! They came back!

Willy runs off.

Clementine: Look, you live out there alone, right? You could stay with us.

James looks at the school then down at the arrow that was shot near his feet.

James: Not ready.

James walks away.

Y/N: Come on.

The two walk closer to the gate with Y/N leading even with his leg.

Clementine: I can't keep carrying you. We'll be inside soon. Rest now.

Louis walks up to the gate. He sees Y/N then crosses his arms as he looks at Clementine.

Clementine was already exhausted at this point, she couldn't hold out for any longer. She then fell to her knees which led to Y/N coming towards her way as fast as he could.

Y/N: Shit.

Louis immediately opens the gates and runs towards them.

Louis: Shit, is he?

Clementine: He's alive. He was shot. He's got a fever.

Louis: Come on, let's get him inside.

Clementine: I can't.

Y/N: Take the kid, I'll help her.

Louis nods as he picks up AJ and carries him inside.

Y/N: You're very stubborn, aren't you?

Clementine: I could say the same about you.