Chapter 9- It Was All A Lie

What was he sorry for? I don't understand.

"Sorry for what? I only asked if there was more to it," I raised my eyebrow.

"Yes, there is. And I'm sorry for not telling you sooner, I just didn't know how to say it," He threw himself onto the chair in the corner of the room and let out a loud-ass sigh.

I can't let him know my intentions. My TRUE question.

"Finally! Then tell me cause you seem to know a lot about my powers than the others."

He gazed into my eyes sending shivers down my spine. What is happening to me?

*KNOCK KNOCK*

The door opened and Athena came at me, practically throwing herself on me. The boys just gathered awkwardly in a corner staring at me while I was being squished with hugs.

"I got food!" Jackson shouted.

"Dude why are you yelling, I'm right here."

"Good to know that it's really you," he sulked.

There was an awkward silence now hanging over us as our eyes went from the ground to one person and back around. So I asked what I wanted to know.

"How long was I here for?" 

"By my estimation, about 4 days," Barry answered.

4 DAYS??? Damn. Was it that serious?

Jackson spoke up, "Look, Cass, I know you've been knocked out cold for a long while, but we really need your help," 

Everyone shot Jackson a look but he continued.

"We think that you're the key to helping us with what we need."

With my mind trying to process what he was saying, I locked eyes with Ethan, and for a split second he mouthed 'trust us.'

But how am I supposed to trust you when I CLEARLY know that you're hiding secrets. Big Secrets. And not just from me, from the people you refer to as friends.  

"I think I know what you're talking about," I spoke. "The first time I met you all, you were talking about someone named Caura. And I'm guessing that I have something to do with it?" 

"You hit the mark!" Ethan said. "When your scars heal, we'll find you, but for now,"

He gave me the food Athena brought and clasps my hands in his. It was hot and sticky. 

"We will find a safer place to meet and then we'll talk about the situation."

I nodded to them all as they said their goodbyes and left me alone with my thoughts. My hand instinctively went to my face where the slashes were, but as I've guessed, it wasn't there. 

I looked for where the creature sunk its nail into my skin and saw a small red scar, I mumbled to myself. "I really gotta figure out what's going on. He's too sneaky."

Cass? CASSIE! 

I heard some commotion and a shadow rushing into my room.

Once he saw me, he dropped his stuff on the chair and threw himself at me, engulfing me in an enormous bear hug.

Oof. "I...can't...breathe."

"I was so worried about you. All I thought about was if you were okay." Tears were running down his face like the day we got the call about mom.

He loosened the grip, walked a short distance away, and stared at me, "Why did you leave the school?" he shouted, "I've always told you if something happens call me!"