Chapter 7- I Am Death!

The light was so bright, I had to shield my eyes from it. And the worst part about the light being so bright was that it illuminated from a cell phone.

I WAS SCREWED. TOTALLY SCREWED.

Why would he hurt me like this? Why would he want to hurt me? He seemed to be doing everything on his own. Completely voluntary.

He made me think we were getting to be more than just friends.

He pulled me out from the van with my hands tied behind my back and threw me on the ground near a tree.

"So Cassandra, if that's even your real name, can you tell the people exactly what you are?" I wanted to wipe that dumb smirk off his jerk-ass face.

"Get away from me!"

"Please Cassie, do it the easy way or I'll have to do it the hard way," I couldn't believe what he was saying.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Ever since I was a little boy, I've heard stories about people with magical powers and decided whether to show the world how they live a double life, secretly posing as one of us." The way he said the last words made it feel as though he's hated the idea of there being different kinds of people.

He took the camera and circled around my body. "So when I saw the bruise, I was convinced that you were human. But, here's the funny part. You told me that you fell down the stairs."

He viciously grabbed my face and squeezed my cheeks. "So, if you fell down the stairs the previous night, shouldn't you have bandages and a cast on or something."

He caressed my face going down to my neck, "I did my research. A long journey of research and found out that you must have been connected to the highway incident some years ago."

I could feel the rage rising inside me. My heart rate increasing with every passing second. "Please stop. You need to go!" My breathing became uneasy and ratchet.

"WHY?" His voice grew louder. And so did the tension. "So I could let the person who killed my mother get away?"

He yanked my arm and tightened his grip. A shiny metallic dagger shone from behind his back.

"Are you gonna kill her?" Sarah's trembling voice asked as Selina's echoed with hers.

He let out a sigh. A long, long sigh before turning to the two.

"Sarah, Selina, leave. This is something I have to be able to do on my own," Aaron spoke harshly. "Take the phone with you and shut it off."

The girls looked at each other before complying with his commands and drove off in the van. As soon as the van was no longer in sight, his tight grip on my arm loosened and his face got serious. He took a few steps away from my very confused persona and started to change.

He withered in agony as his chocolate skin peeled off the exposed red blotches of unhealed skin. His hazel hair was no more and was replaced with scaly streaks. His neat clothes were now torn about. A gooey substance emitted from his body which now covered his clothing, both on the ground and on him. The abdominal stature now towering above me as the gooey saliva dripped from his mouth onto the road.

"What-what are you?" My voice was now down to a whisper as he growled his response menacingly.

"I am Death!"